Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Magic?

Re:Magic?

Alfred wrote:
    Welcome to Xsyon! WE GOTS TEH FIREBALLZ AND MAGICZ!!

If we start getting fireswords of the bear +2, I'm out as well.
    Its one thing to give up on a game that changes from its path and includes aspects you dont enjoy.

Its another to go "I'm out of here if this is included", when it is known that it will eventually be put into the game.

Read up on the game you plan to play a bit more.

PANZERBUNNY wrote:
    Alfred wrote:

Its one thing to give up on a game that changes from its path and includes aspects you dont enjoy.

Its another to go "I'm out of here if this is included", when it is known that it will eventually be put into the game.

If the game truly was being designed to look like that, you wouldn't have any people here.

PANZERBUNNY wrote:
    Alfred wrote:

It is announced that we're gonna have fireswords ? I doubt that.

Jadzia wrote:
    PANZERBUNNY wrote:
    Alfred wrote:

Oh, I'm sure we're going to see things of that nature. Your doubt is baseless.
    Spells that enchance your melee weapon are a given.

Just look what they did with UO gear.

PANZERBUNNY wrote:
    Jadzia wrote:
    PANZERBUNNY wrote:
    Alfred wrote:

Oh, I'm sure we're going to see things of that nature. Your doubt is baseless.
    Spells that enchance your melee weapon are a given.
    When it comes to Xsyon knowledge and lore, you are talking to the most well-informed person on the forums. If you're looking for someone to have a "base" for their claims, you've found her. If we're looking for baseless opinions, I'm looking at yours. I have to give it to you though; sure, you have failed to bring up any arguments to back up our claim, but you honestly explain your opinion is based on belief.

It's not that big a deal, but this game is going to be about social interaction and as much realism as fun permits - flaming swords and magic missiles is way over the top. If you disagree, I suggest switching to World of Warcraft.

Xsyon Citizen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oWAb5NVALw

The cape and hood look good on you panzerbunny.

Alfred wrote:
    It's not that big a deal, but this game is going to be about social interaction and as much realism as fun permits - flaming swords and magic missiles is way over the top. If you disagree, I suggest switching to World of Warcraft.
    No reason why arcana can't be social. There's plenty of potential in rituals, circles, group enchantments, city blessings and the like. Of course, that doesn't fit terribly well with direct damage type spells as they can't scale very far and not be insta-win. The concept of a deity taking a city under his/her wing is one of the oldest tricks in the book, and often led to a great deal of strife. Religion in general is one of the top historical reasons for killing each other.

It might be interesting to see magic used to effect crafting/gathering or building. Maybe to aid in speeding up the process, or increase productivity.