Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Magic?

Magic?

From what I've read in the site. Magic would be included into the game. However, from what I've seen magic doesn't seem to be in the game yet. is magic even going to actually be added for players to use? Or is it supposed to be added with the inclusion of religion?

Re:Magic?

Hopefully its never added. We don't need it ruining another game like it did to DF.

Keno wrote:
    Hopefully its never added. We don't need it ruining another game like it did to DF.

Agreed, if any sort of magic is to be had i wouldn't want to see anything more than a heal here and there and mayb some Stam2HP/HP2Stam type of shit.

Focus on melee/archery imo

Keno wrote:
    Magic does not have to be MM spam. It can be levitate, heal, cure, create food, polymorph, stonewall and tons of outher fun stuff.

Largion wrote:
    Keno wrote:
    Magic does not have to be MM spam. It can be levitate, heal, cure, create food, polymorph, stonewall and tons of outher fun stuff.
    Utilities at most. Anyway, the melée combat still needs a lot of improvement, so let's take it a step at a time.

personally I would like to see it exclusively to religion, for buffs/healing and utilities. Like someone said DF was ruined for months by fireball spamming grinders.

Cautious small step implementation is the best way, and limited power. From what I can see this game is not build for magic and if magic isn't confined to a support role there could be major consequences.

So far this is the only official information:

Xsyon wrote:
    edaw22 wrote:
    1. What forms of combat are there in prelude and in the future?
    [i]
    For example, we have seen that there is melee type combat, will there be Ranged including but not limited to; Bows and crossbows, Guns and magic? and will there be mounted combat?
    Melee and ranged for the Prelude. In the future, other options are planned.
    Xsyon wrote:
    There is no magic in the Prelude. This is a planned evolution as the world expands.

[/quote]
    Xsyon wrote:
    There is no magic in the Prelude. This is a planned evolution as the world expands.
    [/quote]

Ah so there will be "discoverable" magic in the future? And I would expect to have some forms in all three alignments? A healer with high faith, a neutral levitation, or an evil corruption? Will magic be support only or evolve to compete with melee and ranged? Am I tired of typing in questions? Yes but the carrot has been dangled, I just hope I'm not the horse off by himself, holding a stick with a carrot hanging from it. :P

Magic is planned for the game, in what form is not officially released yet. Wait and see what happens, I'm sure devs are listening, and if they aren't well it can be changed.

Xsyon Citizen

Next someone will want orcs! WTF!