Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

12/16/2015 - Discussion No Subscriptions

Hello everyone!

This thread is for more information and questions regarding the removal of monthly subscriptions. So far there have been a few questions. I will update this post if more questions are asked or suggestions are made.

What happens to tribe decay?
    All players will now have to log in to keep their tribe active. Logging in now keeps your player 'active' for 30 days from the login date. That automatically refreshes your tribe for that month, even if you don't log in. Logging in actively updates both your tribe and player's active status.

In short, you can log in once every three months to prevent your tribe from becoming deserted. Just don't wait until the last minute!

How is Jordi now to going to fund the game and keep it going?
    The goal is to have a steady stream of new players that compensates for the loss of subscription income. There are a lot of indicators that this should not be a problem but I will need to get the word out to many who've passed up buying Xsyon on Steam due to the subscription.

What about donations?
    As a few players already asked about donations, I have set up a Donate button on the home page.

What about an optional sub to keep tribes active?
    Yes, I could set this up if there is enough demand for it. For those interested, would $4.99 per month be fair?

What about an optional membership?
    This question was asked on Steam. If you've played any game that provides an optional membership with no real in game (pay to win) benefits, what do you get for a membership? Can you show me some examples?

Edit December 18:
    For players with Tribes on both Servers, Do we need to log in on both to keep both tribes active ?
    Yes!

With this change why not consider a pay to win option? You could open a 3rd -pay to win- server and have purchasable options.
    I won't add any new servers until the population grows enough to merit it.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Xsyon; 12-18-2015 at 02:05 AM.