Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How to Make Xsyon a Success

I came to your website to check out the details on Xsyon. I saw there were no sub fees any longer and created an account to download and check out the game, only to see that you must purchase the game before being able to try it.

If there was a one week free trial or even a three day free trial, I would have gladly downloaded the game to see what it is like and if I liked it, would have purchased it. The problem is, I am done getting burnt by "Early Release" and just crap games in general which are the norm lately it seems. That is not to say anything about this game, just my experience the past couple years with PC games in general.

If you do indeed want the masses to buy your game, you will need to offer some kind of free trial for at least a few days as I am pretty sure I am not the only gamer who is unwilling to throw his cash, especially $30, at a game I can't even try before I buy.

This post is in no way intended to bash Xsyon in any way. I only took my time to write this post to hopefully give you a very plausible way to turn the game into a bigger success.

If your game is indeed a good game, money will be rolling in in no time.

Thank you.

I agree the game needs a trial, I will not invest any money until I can try it.

Thanks

The problem is that if people can join the server for free they could mess up with the enviroment, so to make what you want it needs another server where trial people can join to try the game. I think it's not worth to spend money and developing resources to make this right now, i' m pretty sure that the Xsyon community prefer that dev spend his time,money and resources to improve the game, not to make a trial version...I could be agree with you guys if the game would still needed the subscription...but it was removed, so the trial is not really necessary in my mind. Not many B2P games have trial version, and for 20$ it is worth for sure, not a big investiment...so i suggest to take a look at some youtube videos, and if you like the game you should buy it. Cheers

Xsyon Citizen
    We used to have a free trial, you weren't a Citizen so you couldn't make your own tribe, and you didn't count towards the tribe size for any you joined, and your skills were capped at 30.

The problem was that most treated it like F2P rather than a trial, so most never bought the game, in the end it was costing Xsyon more in money, time and resources than it was making, so it was removed shortly before we launched on Steam.

The problem with doing a free to play, in my opinion is that you would have to do it like they did it before. Else people will mess up the world to much. Which means you can't terraform or build your own place. Which is 90% of this game.

So people would "trial" the game but they wouldn't get the main part of the fun and think the game was dumb or boring. I suggest investing in a game you think you might want to play. Look at videos and read reviews, if you think you might like it pay the 30$ and you have it for life. If you don't like it yes you lost 30$ but you also have it for life and it if does get better you can try it out again.
    Reviews and videos can pretty much tell you if the game is something you are going to like or not.

With the game being B2P a free trial that lasted 7 days and capped your skills at 10 and prevented you from joining a tribe would be more then fair you could get into the game see the world figure out what is going on and if its something you want to play. Then you drop down the 29.99 or less if you find it on sale and can play the game unlimited for ever its a very fair system.

Did you read my post above yours?

Doing that pretty much ensures that no one will buy the game because most of the fun of the game is building, and being in a tribe. Having capped skills at 10 means you can't do anything. Not being in a tribe means you can't build either. Pretty much you are forces people that are free to play to log in, and log off.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Did you read my post above yours?

Doing that pretty much ensures that no one will buy the game because most of the fun of the game is building, and being in a tribe. Having capped skills at 10 means you can't do anything. Not being in a tribe means you can't build either. Pretty much you are forces people that are free to play to log in, and log off.

Well as a matter of fact I did read your post, and frankly I 100% disagree with you. A free to play trial to wet your desire to play the game is what is needed not a full on free to play mode. From a business standpoint it does not pay to give the player any of the "fun" aspects of the game for free. You want to show them everything that can be built (world Access). A chance to try the different skills so they can see if the crafting system is something they would enjoy. The ability to do fishing scraping forging and the likes. The game cost 30 bucks if they enjoy any of those things or are able to see the things people created for free if the game is something they want to play they will buy it and play if not they log off and move on.

IF the game was not B2P and still had a sub after you bought the game then i would say we need something like the old system or something that allows you to raise your skills to 30 and partake in tribes. Thankfully this is not the case and we do not need people to make free to play toons just to grind items for them.

I have plenty of people who are interested in the game and would have a much easier time deciding to buy it if i they could log in and run around the world check out a few of the tribes and maybe come over and see my place. They wouldn't hesitate to spend 29.99 to join my tribe and play.

No matter how much we debate the topic no system will be perfect for everyone but i think the game needs a trial and i so no reason it cant be limited.

I think the trial is not really needed, I prefer dev spend his time and resources to improve the game...once a game is good players will come....this game is already good but unfortunatly is not finished yet, this is the major issue in my mind.
    However, if the trial doens't take too much work to be done you could be right....maybe it could draw some more players.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkwalker9 View Post
    Well as a matter of fact I did read your post, and frankly I 100% disagree with you. A free to play trial to wet your desire to play the game is what is needed not a full on free to play mode. From a business standpoint it does not pay to give the player any of the "fun" aspects of the game for free. You want to show them everything that can be built (world Access). A chance to try the different skills so they can see if the crafting system is something they would enjoy. The ability to do fishing scraping forging and the likes. The game cost 30 bucks if they enjoy any of those things or are able to see the things people created for free if the game is something they want to play they will buy it and play if not they log off and move on.

IF the game was not B2P and still had a sub after you bought the game then i would say we need something like the old system or something that allows you to raise your skills to 30 and partake in tribes. Thankfully this is not the case and we do not need people to make free to play toons just to grind items for them.

I have plenty of people who are interested in the game and would have a much easier time deciding to buy it if i they could log in and run around the world check out a few of the tribes and maybe come over and see my place. They wouldn't hesitate to spend 29.99 to join my tribe and play.

No matter how much we debate the topic no system will be perfect for everyone but i think the game needs a trial and i so no reason it cant be limited.
    Quote Originally Posted by sMartins View Post
    I think the trial is not really needed, I prefer dev spend his time and resources to improve the game...once a game is good players will come....this game is already good but unfortunatly is not finished yet, this is the major issue in my mind.
    However, if the trial doens't take too much work to be done you could be right....maybe it could draw some more players.
    You know a trial system was done before right? Only people were limited to 30 skill instead of 10, and they could join tribes.

You want to limit them even more, and not allow them to join a tribe and think it's going to be better?

Well I guess we can agree to disagree, to me it's common sense.