Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    When I first started playing Xsyon it was one server, Open world pvp and I was ok with it, although Im not interested in pvp at all. What it did for me and the tribe I ultimately started was give us a reason to build walls and fortifications. So it added to the excitement of the game at that time.

But now on the pve server ( peace ), I cannot see how it would add anything to the game, considering where Jordi want to take the game. Eventually we will have the ability to create our own "events" in the form of adventures and dungeons on our own tribe lands built by us and ran by us the players ( not Guides ).

With that sort of future, Adding a flag to allow "Dualing" style pvp, would only add the potential of ganker style players trying to verbally inflame players into pvp duals. This will lead to a loss of pve players due to the shear irritation factor.

If you want more stress on the PVE server, I would rather see roving bands of revs that circle the lake looking for trouble. Or extend the range of larger animals to see bears by the lake on a regular basis.

My vote would be to put this idea on hold. Finish the animal revisions and maybe make the animals roam farther afield than they currently do to add some excitement and provide reasons for fortifications.

I would agree with the idea that if the war server got to where there were no active tribes it should be removed to make life easier for the developer.

Xsyon Citizen
    I agree on either creating pvp toon or switch to and from pvp by /pvp flag, no!!!! to pvp zones and advantages, if pvpers don't like it? pvp server and pve server should remain indefinite.
    I would not mind if pve server would have an option for /pvp flag.

Hi

I am not a true vet but one that had learned the game quite well. My reason for not being active at this time is not because PvP is dead in the game but at a certain point there is just no more content that keeps me interested. Having farming come to fuition to me was the catch 22 between PvP and PvE.

Yes there is great advantage for a PvP'r to grow and make certain foods to gain a better PvP advantage but lets be honest here...PvP'rs dont want to farm.

I said it in a post long ago that if this were a real apocolyptic senerio that there would be people out there trying to survive by stealing and killing...to me this was part of the thrill of the game...i had to watch over my back...90% of the time i still died...but it was part of what the game was about.

I had left to play Archeage and was very pleased with the game mechanics and how PvP was done but the cash shop there ruined the game. I am currently playing a totally PvE game but see the same senerio there as Xsyon pve....these are MMO's yet everyone wants to be solo heroes. Content needs to be in place not to force but to keep an MMO what it stands for. people need to come together...work together to accomplish stuff.

Now as for the feedback subject at hand.

I like PvP but im horrible at it. If ANYTHING is attempted to return to a single server containing both PvE and PvP...first the combat sync needs to be fixed then i would agree to what the remaing vets have now mentioned with the formost objective is to keep honing the game and get rid of the PRELUDE title.

I will help keep Oasis alive by logging in but untill there is either more content...IE roaving bands of revs or animals that can destroy the lego buildings OR the one server with both PvP and PvE is implemented...i will just keep hoping a well rounded game is made.

Gruu/Glorp/Mookie

I started playing Xsyon when there was only one server. When the servers split I went to PvE and played there for quite a long time. I went to PvE because I was tired of the griefers and harassers that were running rampant on the single server. The people in PvE by and large shared my feelings about PvP and were very happy there.

Two months or so ago, the PvE server was down and I decided to go to PvP and work on my much neglected characters there. What I found was that the griefers were gone and the PvP crowd was comprised of dedicated and mature individuals who made playing in the server a real delight. So.... I stayed. In the meantime I have seen the PvP population grow into a small community that is wonderful to play with. I'm actually selling stuff on my trading post, and miracle of miracles, the chat is alive and well with players ready willing and able to help other players. I was impressed by the cooperative attitude of the small and growing PvP community. So..... my point is this: Rather than rekindling the age old divisive debate of pvp vs pve, why not focus energy and resources on enhancing the game, adding ranged weapons, getting us furniture for the beautiful buildings that the new architecture can build, and leave the one server merge issue for later, when it can be implemented in a fair way that will satisfy both sides. Why fix something that at this point, most people believe "ain't broke?"

The implementation of a single server would not adversely affect me because I have developed characters on both servers and am happy with my tribe lands in both, but there are others where that would not be the case.
    Many on the PvP server, like on the PvE server have invested many hours in building very nice homesteads, bands, tribes etc. To implement a merge where the outcome would be the loss of all their hard work does not seem fair to me. Please think on this some more so that the implementation will be fair to all.

If the merge wont happen then i think that Pve server shouldnt get any pvp options at all, no duels no flagging, nothing at all.
    All in order for war server be the only option to pvp.

Angry

1) Closing the current War server will mean all tribes, towns and inventories will be lost. I could possibly copy character information (appearance, stats, skills and schemes) for players that request it but this could be a time consuming procedure.

4) PvP players would not have any advantage over PvE players. There would not be a possibility of PvP controlled resources or areas that would give PvPers an advantage. To implement something like that I would need to start up a separate PvP server again.

Oh really, then i would say start a CLEAN server, see how popular the idea is if the pve guys are being wiped =P i for one would love a reset map and if war tribe get deleted and gain 0 advantage to be fair so should pve tribes or they DO get an advantage.

I think too much time has passed and too many players have done too much work on War for a server merge now. A merge would generate more ill will than it is worth.

Xsyon Citizen
    I think it is better to keep both pve and pvp servers as it is, I don't care if there is no pvp of any kind on pve server but I would like if you make pve server more pve, such as: assigning revs to all junk places as if they are decayed tribes and give revs an ability to restore junk piles, if anyone would drop a totem on top of a junk area which would attract revs to that totem and attack it constantly, it would also add a place to hunt and add a danger.

Jordi,

This is my suggestion that gives everyone something:
    ==
    -Create new zone type, well call it a "conflict zone" which can be 1 of 3 alignments: War, Peace & Neutral, then expand the mist with these new zone types. (just 2-3 squares out.) While leaving the existing playable area alone.

-Then while a conflict zone is in a neutral stat you can allow Good and Evil to attack/kill each other, but DONT allow looting and DONT allow damage to or from a neutral player.

-Instead let players collect trophies from the corpse (right click corpse "collect trophies"), then return those trophies to their totem which is in a conflict zone to influence the zone towards good or evil.

-Once the good or evil tribes return enough trophies (ie paid enough tribute/upkeep) the zone should move closer to becoming a War zone (ie follow the rules on the war server, full loot everyone takes damage) or a Peace zone (ie follow the rules on the peace server, no player vs player combat)

-Allow neutral players to participate by letting them return it to their totem in order to move the zone closer to becoming a neutral zone.
    ==
    Last edited by xyberviri; 01-13-2016 at 05:47 PM.

No Merge.

Thats like you are totally giving up on PVP.......

You are doing nothing to even retain PVPers or try to get back those that left.

There has no been no PVP content developed.

its all PVE, Farming, cooking, new arch sytem creature fixes. Yes those are all great...
    but nothing for PVP Its no wonder all the PVPers left and have not returned.

Merging the servers will just kill of PVP for good, which is probably what you want anyway.

Sark