Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Xsyon Citizen
    @xyberviri so, people who have many accounts can drop totems and set them to pvp to overwhelm pveers? I say keep pvp and pve servers separated.

If you want to merge in to one server, then:
    1) setting your tribe to good make you immune to pvp of any kind any were you go.
    2) setting your tribe to neutral will make your tribe land immune to pvp the rest is pvp enabled
    3) setting your tribe to evil will set you and your tribe to pvp enabled no safe zone in any were you go and your tribe can be looted and dismantled
    Add health color, green (good), white (neutral) and red(evil).
    No other advantages disadvantageous.
    Last edited by znaiika; 01-13-2016 at 08:26 AM.

that's pretty harsh for evil tribes you wont have anyone wanting to play the bad guy.

Also don't forget how big the game world is: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...of%20Xsyon.png
    Vs what we have today: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...p_20110310.jpg
    Last edited by xyberviri; 01-13-2016 at 04:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by znaiika View Post
    @xyberviri so, people who have many accounts can drop totems and set them to pvp to overwhelm pveers? I say keep pvp and pve servers separated.

If you want to merge in to one server, then:
    1) setting your tribe to good make you immune to pvp of any kind any were you go.
    2) setting your tribe to neutral will make your tribe land immune to pvp the rest is pvp enabled
    3) setting your tribe to evil will set you and your tribe to pvp enabled no safe zone in any were you go and your tribe can be looted and dismantled
    Add health color, green (good), white (neutral) and red(evil).
    No other advantages disadvantageous.
    No. You give advantages to people and give disadvantageous to the other. If you going to take something away from someone or give them a disadvantage you should at least give them something of an advantage.

It's really simple.
    Make areas where it's PVP enabled for ANYONE walking in that area.
    Give resources or skill gain or something to that area for being there.
    Make control points to that area that PVP players will contest.

If PVE players do not want PVP, then they stay in the PVE areas. Most games do this just like this, it's is really not hard at all. Ultima Online did it and does it. They give 2x resource for every action in PVP areas. They also have special monsters and quests ONLY in that area.
    EvE online does it. Darkfall does it etc etc. (Listing sandbox games I know of)

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    It's really simple.
    Make areas where it's PVP enabled for ANYONE walking in that area.
    Give resources or skill gain or something to that area for being there.
    Make control points to that area that PVP players will contest.
    This is the simplest solution, as far as development is concerned you only need to flip a bit on a zone.
    Last edited by xyberviri; 01-13-2016 at 05:58 PM.

Xsyon Citizen
    @xyberviri, didn't pvpers want danger? that what evil should be prepared for for being evil.

Then the best is to keep both pve and pvp servers, no to pvp areas with advantages.
    Sorry ddt but your way is forced pvp on others who do not want to pvp, best keep it all separated.
    Last edited by znaiika; 01-13-2016 at 06:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by znaiika View Post
    Sorry ddt but your way is forced pvp on others who do not want to pvp, best keep it all separated.
    That could be solve if a part of the mist was opened up and one of those zone made pvp, it could be on the edge of the mist.

If you make it a scrap pile that Doesn't run out & can't have a totem placed on it, increase the QL of stuff you get off of it. then that would be a good reason to go play in that zone a little bit.

There are zones here:
    Last edited by xyberviri; 01-13-2016 at 07:22 PM.

im against haveing 1 server imo should leave the servers alone.u have a great game and should just keep working on stuff u have already planned and not waste your time.i think if u make it 1 server regardless of a switch for pvp on/off or just pvp zones wont matter.i also think it would be unfair to the poeple on both servers and all the hard work they have done to wipe them.its just my opion.thx keep up the great work.

i play on peace and like the pve and i dont pvp because the combat isnt the best for pvp.but i wouldnt mind if like some people said open more of the map and make some zones pvp that sounds fair.im ok with this change if it doesnt bother my pve game play.ty

Xsyon Citizen
    See, there is your problem with pvp zones, you want advantages, never going to work. You have a whole pvp server and you can't make pvpers to work together, so you want to destroy pve as well, men-up stop your gank-fest and build your pvp community and leave pveers alone.
    Xsyon!!!! please leave both servers as they are, pvp and pve community do not mix, if pvp community don't want to give up their ganking play-style? so be it, let them play how they like on pvp server.

Thanks for all the Feedback. Based on this feedback I'm not going to consider merging the servers at this time.

Just to be clear, this Feedback Request was in response to a specific proposal made here which was requested by several people that play on the PvP server.

At this time, with the removal of subscriptions and the player population on the rise, there is an opportunity for PvP players to welcome past players to return and make the War Server come alive. The active population on the War Server (in terms of active players logging in daily and online at peak hours) currently matches the overall population at the time of the server split. I've noticed quite a few players that typically player on the Peace Server logged in on the War Server building up their tribes there.

The systems on the War Server are no different than when many players enjoyed PvP. The only difference is that there are no unwilling players to force PvP upon, which was a problem in the past.

Although as many of you know, I have emailed all past players to welcome them back without subscriptions. Past players have been trickling back but there are still many many past players unaware of the subscription removal.

I'm also copying my explanation for the two servers that I posted in the other thread below:
    -------------------------------------------------------------

Since launch, as far as I can discern from research and data Xsyon's population has been 80% PvE players and 20% PvP players. (In the past I noted it was 75%/25% but 80%/20% is more accurate).Since the server split, new players' choice of server (usually without any information regarding the population of each server) has followed this 80%/20% split.

Edit: In the past few weeks, many PvE players have been playing on both servers making the population on the War Server more active and the online split around 75%/25%. So it's fair to use a range of estimates from 75%/25% to 80%/20%.

At the time of the split, the game allowed for free play with limits as an introductory trial for new players. The game population had also reached its lowest point.

Many players were turned off by the existence of PvP. The daily combat logs showed repeated ganking of new players. I received many messages by players stating they would play only if there was a PvE server. A survey regarding Xsyon conducted on massively that revealed the same trend. I also surveyed players that had signed up on the website but never logged into the game (even for free). One of the main reasons given was simply that PvP was allowed.

In addition, conflicts between PvP and PvE players had often caused a lot of drama requiring me to step in attempting to mediate situations. This took away valuable time and often slowed development to a crawl. Something had to be done.

Among the PvP crowd there have been groups of players with different desires:

- Players that like the occasional thrill and danger of PvP.
    - Players that want to participate in war games (capture the flag etc.) but not full on tribe siege or destruction.
    - Players that want siege allowing the destruction of buildings and ransacking even full take over of other tribes.
    - Players that want PvP based territory and resource control and use PvP to dominate trade or other players.
    - Gankers / griefers that want to force PvP on players that don't want it.

Of course some players want combinations of the above.

Some of these desires were not not compatible with a server of primarily PvE players so to further advance the game for both type of players and for the other reasons mentioned above I proposed a server split.

Dividing the game into PvP and PvE regions as a compromise was discussed. In that discussion, the trend was for PvPers to want some advantage for PvP zones. That would not have been fair for the majority of players and I would be stuck with the issue of new players not wanting to join a game with open PvP. I proposed a PvP and PvE regions with no advantages for PvPers and did not receive a positive response.

Time was running out and I could not reach a compromise welcomed by PvP players, so the second server was added.

Unfortunately this met with resistance and frustration from many PvPers who instead of welcoming new PvP players and trying to build a new community, drove off newbies with griefing or left the game themselves.

Despite this, the overall population grew and conflicts subsided allowing me to focus on development and finally enjoy working on the game without constant distractions!
    -------------------------------------------------------------

Forward to today: My current focus is on creature and combat changes as listed in the In Development page (Current Round).

I admit this round of development is taking a long time for several reasons: I had a lot of code to clear up and clean out. I've read up a lot on various options for creature path finding to find the best solution for a dynamic world. Other systems (such as building) took priority as improving creature path-finding, fixing combat issues and setting up the potential for buildings to be attacked all required fixes that prevented the old style drop building exploit. Extensive building and the need to improve loading and synchronization issues led to me focusing on optimizations (and further optimizations are in order). There's also the constant pressure to eliminate bugs and old issues (like the recent final fixing of the alt-tab crash which was very time intensive).

Thanks again for all the input. Now I'll get back to the code!