Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Regarding saying "advantages" for PvP players or a person who enters the PvP area, you assume they will come out with what they entered with and whatever they gathered in the time they spent in there, this will not be the case as they will also encounter big losses like spending an hour gathering in the zone but coming out with nothing cos they got caught.

On a mixed server the resource rates eg. say 1.5 times more in a PvP zone are for balance, risk vs reward, and to create a conflict zone for PvP content. The zone isnt exclusively for PvP players either as anyone can enter, and is not "forced".

Ultimately what ends up happening is people who dont care for PvP are tempted by the increased resourse rate, go in to the zone naked unarmed to reduce loss of good armor and weapons, and get annoyed when they spend 2hr gathering and someone takes it off them. Well if you want guaranteed resources stay in the safe area at 1.0xresourse rate.

The zone is only forced if they started putting unique items in the PvP area only, which i dont think Jordi would do anyway.

The PvP server doesnt work because there is no PvP content/game mechanics end of!!! Copying one server to another server and ticking the PvP box isnt the creation of PvP mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by mush View Post
    The zone is only forced if they started putting unique items in the PvP area only, which i dont think Jordi would do anyway.
    Honestly this could be done as a crafting ingredients.

Like "war stained metal rod" which could do +10 to damage or something like that. and require 100.00 skill to use in a recipe.

There could be ingredients that even have curses that aren't exposed to the player and have negative effects like -10 health or -1 str or something.

the player could fail too which eats stuff.

Xsyon Citizen
    Thank you Xsyon.

To pvp oriented players.
    All kinds of "EXTRAs" which do not meet all play-styles are advantages, either 1.5 or 1.0001 just so you know.

Quote Originally Posted by xyberviri View Post
    Honestly this could be done as a crafting ingredients.

Like "war stained metal rod" which could do +10 to damage or something like that. and require 100.00 skill to use in a recipe.

There could be ingredients that even have curses that aren't exposed to the player and have negative effects like -10 health or -1 str or something.

the player could fail too which eats stuff.
    I just do not think this is a good idea. Getting a bonus to something you can get in a safe area is not something that requires PVP. You just get a bonus to something that is attainable. Making items unattainable to non PVPers.

Quote Originally Posted by znaiika View Post
    Thank you Xsyon.

To pvp oriented players.
    All kinds of "EXTRAs" which do not meet all play-styles are advantages, either 1.5 or 1.0001 just so you know.
    We understand where you stand, you also want a fresh wiped server. The thing is, noone is going to get exactly what they want. Or in your case what you think you want.

I'm tired of tiptoeing around the topic. It's very easy to see that PVP should have an area, and PVE should have an area. This way PVEers who want to do a little PVP can go to that area. Also the server will have a much higher population. To me it's a no brainer for a sandbox game.

The PvP server doesnt work because there is no PvP content/game mechanics end of!!! Copying one server to another server and ticking the PvP box isnt the creation of PvP mechanics.
    This is the main problem with PVP. Nothing to do with PVP other than kill people for the grins.

Xsyon Citizen
    ddt, pvpers don't just want to get a pvp area they want pvp area with advantages, that's a big problem. If pvpers get an area it has to be with equal resources, buffs and all as pve area no advantages with one over the other.

Using that phrase "risk vs reward" is way to old, it is often used by pvpers to get an advantage over pveers, and hopping to lure fresh noobs to gank.

/pvp flag is better, people won't need to travel who knows where to pvp they would be able to type /pvp and pvp as much as they like no need for pvp zones.
    Last edited by znaiika; 01-14-2016 at 11:25 PM.

On a mixed server if resourse rates are the same surely the "advantage" you speak of is then with the PvE side as if they never flag themselves they will never lose anything?
    PVP area would just be a dueling area where no one would bother to gather resourses?

I play on the PvE server anyway lol as I had a hunch at the time of the server split, something like this would raise its head.

ddt, pvpers don't just want to get a pvp area they want pvp area with advantages, that's a big problem. If pvpers get an area it has to be with equal resources, buffs and all as pve area no advantages with one over the other.

Using that phrase "risk vs reward" is way to old, it is often used by pvpers to get an advantage over pveers, and hopping to lure fresh noobs to gank.

/pvp flag is better, people won't need to travel who knows where to pvp they would be able to type /pvp and pvp as much as they like no need for pvp zones.
    It doesn't have to be, you mean you would like it to be. I can point to dozens of games doing fine where it doesn't have to be. In fact few games have it the same.

Risk vs reward is not only a PVP term, it's a term used in many things. Including PVE. Harder monsters yield more rewards. It's a simple common system. I said before, you can give a PVE area the same rewards just make that area harder. Just like we currently have danger areas give more rewards than low danger areas. Same concept.

I know I'm not going to change your mind, but I will refute your poor ideas and anytime you say "It has to be x way".

Xsyon Citizen
    mush, your words:
    "I play on the PvE server anyway lol as I had a hunch at the time of the server split, something like this would raise its head."

It happened because pvpers destroyed pvp server, so they want to come to pve server and destroy it too, that's what's going to happen if you add pvp areas with advantages.

ddt, why don't you consider good, neutral and evil options, if evil option is to harsh then set it as no safe zones for evil players anywhere without tribal loot and without dismantling things, add a war totem to set-up tribal war and add all kinds of options from simple pvp to full loot and destruction.
    You have good, neutral and evil options, all xsyon need is to set them-up.

I am against pvp zones.

If you were talking about fallen earth, pvp zones are way too over-advantaged, you can gather mats in pvp zones in minutes which would take weeks in pve zones, surly it works for pvpers but not for pveers.

You can always ask Xsyon to add extreme zones on "pvp" server with advantages for control purpose.
    Last edited by znaiika; 01-15-2016 at 09:35 AM.

I am against pvp zones, too. Same rules for everyone end everywhere is the best thing...so or pvp is everywhere and for everyone or better to have only pve....right now this problem doesn't exist cause we have 2 server, PvP and PvE and this one is the best solution for evreyone...and we must say thx to Xsyon for this. I don't see your problem if you want some features added to the game ask them on the pvp server side...pve server works fine as it is on this side.
    I like PvP but i would never see pvp on a PvE server. Cheers

You can always ask Xsyon to add extreme zones on "pvp" server with advantages for control purpose.
    Extreme zones already have an advantage on both servers already, no need to ask for this.

I understand you don't want it. I'm sure there are others like you.

Znaiika, first off it is not up to you or I. I can talk about this all day, but at the end of the day it's Xsyon that destroyed PVP. He did not put in the PVP system he promised people at the release of the game, he did not put in any of the PVP options he said he would even after he released the game, he then "asked" if PVP should be on the PVE server and he choose not to put it on the PVE server for a reason.
    If Xsyon wants ideas on what would be good for a PVP/PVE server that takes into account all options and makes most people happy, I would be happy to give more detailed advice on that. But asking people that currently play a PVE game because PVP was pushed off the server by Xsyon and the guides and lack of content? Of course you will get PVE answers.
    Just as when Xsyon first released the game (and before release) it was PVP heavy and PVEers were getting pushed out by PVPers wanting what they want. Like full loot on death.
    You ask me why I don't want those things? It's complicated and there are very good reasons why, and because I've had experience playing PVP games with those options and they don't work for many reasons.
    To me this is beating a dead horse.
    Xsyon doesn't want PVP, he has shown that over and over again in everything he does, and now he just wants someone (anyone group of people really) to agree with him so he can remove PVP all together. Sadly I think even PVEers will be missing out. I think many PVE players want some form of PVP whether it's duels only, or arenas, or zones with PVP. Also I think there is a lot of content options if you include some form of PVP with very little coding. Compared to trying to add things in like raid bosses and massive events like that.