Put the game on sale at $4.95 (I know, I know, but we need some players)

It's a catch 22 for the War server atm. In order for players to stay on the War server there needs to already be players on the War server. The only way to make this happen would be to get an influx of new players all at once to show some activity.

As it is right now, if any new player logs in and sees no activity they are most likely to logout.

If you can plan this sale and let us have a weeks notice we can get organized and be prepared for some mass tribe recruiting to help keep these people playing longer.

I also think with Xsyon being such a niche game, we would need periodic sales like this to help drive more players to the game.

You could use this as a test that would work like this:

1. Put the game on sale for 14 days, then after the 14 days are up watch the in game activity.
2. You're going to notice a big influx of activity, so the idea here is to see how long this lasts.
3. Once the sale ends, you're going to have some referral sales from the influx of new players referring their friends at the normal $30 fee to purchase the game.
3. At some point, the game will start to die down again as players start to leave.

Once you have this data, you can plan how long in between your sales should be. As an example: If you determine that the population in game starts to die down after 45 days, put the game on sale for a few days every 30 days. Over time as the population grows, the frequency of sales would become less and less. Each time you do a sale you should see that it takes a little longer each time for the population to start decreasing.

If you did it like this, we would always have a steady flow of incoming players to keep the game active.