View Poll Results: Would you like Safe Zone Removal as proposed?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

16 26.23%
  • Yes, but a with switch to turn on / off safe zones.

26 42.62%
  • No

19 31.15%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    I really dislike the idea of a switch that players can at will flip pvp on or off in a specific location.

If you make zone lines the switch, everyone has a mini map, everyone can see when they are slowly approaching a border, you understand what terrain looks like and where the boundaries are.

Id' honestly like pvp protection to just drop completely after the totem has been up for a week with pvp disallowed in low danger areas. Then we dont have any rules or guide lines other than: "look there is the pvp line if you cross it you pvp, if you dont... then you dont pvp"

If its regional people can simply not cross a line to not participate.

The reason i keep suggesting "NO PvP in low danger areas" in almost every other post is because its not really "low" danger and there is almost Never any no good pvp ever happening in low danger areas that isn't really just greifing and ganking people. Or specifically targeted at noobs.
    Last edited by xyberviri; 02-09-2016 at 02:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rosedrake View Post
    @MrDDT: respawn timer should be longer when there are intruders. losing condition being having everyone dead so the intruders are free to loot things and flee before tribe members respawn.

same with switching too, give it a timer, or make it unswitchable until tribe area is clear of intruders.
    I'm not sure that is the answer either, surely we should give some advantage to the defenders haha.

Quote Originally Posted by xyberviri View Post
    I really dislike the idea of a switch that players can at will flip pvp on or off in a specific location.

If you make zone lines the switch, everyone has a mini map, everyone can see when they are slowly approaching a border, you understand what terrain looks like and where the boundaries are.

Id' honestly like pvp protection to just drop completely after the totem has been up for a week with pvp disallowed in low danger areas. Then we dont have any rules or guide lines other than: "look there is the pvp line if you cross it you pvp, if you dont... then you dont pvp"

If its regional people can simply not cross a line to not participate.

The reason i keep suggesting "NO PvP in low danger areas" in almost every other post is because its not really "low" danger and there is almost Never any no good pvp ever happening in low danger areas that isn't really just greifing and ganking people. Or specifically targeted at noobs.

I do like areas of the map set for PVP and other areas for set for Non PVP, being that it's the PVP server there should be large bonuses for being a tribe in a PVP area. There also should be a no building zone buffer between the areas, with no bonuses. This will help prevent buffer tribes from reaping the rewards of PVP area without being at risk.
    Problem I see with that system (which I still should be done) is the fact tribes already have built in parts of the map already. I do think that you will find that these tribes likely will not mind being changed to PVP zones IF the bonus was great and if the system were to be put in place and supported.

Xyberviri, reason I do not like the 1 week (7 days) timer is because people again can use it for griefing. Think about it. You have 7 days of safety totems (which are free to build) and attack another tribe who is not protected. I just feel like it will be highly abused in this system.
    I believe at the very least doing this system, totems need to have a small timer of attackble BEFORE they offer protection so a tribe can stop people from building right next to you and abusing the system. Also totems NEED to not be free to place anymore. It makes no sense that people can drop a totem for free. They offer a great amount of protection and exploiting options when they are free with a small timer to replace. This needs to be fixed no matter what choice is done.

Yeah that true, unfortunately players, being the bastards we are, are going to exploit any type of grace protection.

then really the whole totem needs to be changed to just something that has to be built, ie not instant drop

If the elimination of safe zones is being considered, then tribal leaders should have a say on the ruleset for their own tribal lands. The war server will have plenty of fighting zones. As far as I can see, the war server population is growing and becoming healthy again. Don't kill it. Totally removing safe zones will do that and there will be complaining ad nauseum again over the fact that its an empty server. Just my 2 cents on the subject.

Quote Originally Posted by Taraniel View Post
    If the elimination of safe zones is being considered, then tribal leaders should have a say on the ruleset for their own tribal lands. The war server will have plenty of fighting zones. As far as I can see, the war server population is growing and becoming healthy again. Don't kill it. Totally removing safe zones will do that and there will be complaining ad nauseum again over the fact that its an empty server. Just my 2 cents on the subject.
    Removing of safe zones sounds stronger than it is, do not forget that only unprotected lands by walls etc would be unsafe. If you have walls or terraformed walls you can't effectively be attacked.
    Most tribes I know first thing they do is build walls. Once the bugs/exploits are removed/fixed then tribal lands will be very safe.

I'm going to close this thread.

There's not enough current interest in removing the safe zones as proposed. There is more interested in a safe zone switch but I don't think it's worth while as an interim system while I implement the changes proposed in the other thread. For now the server will stay as is.

Thanks to everyone that voted!