View Poll Results: Would you like Safe Zone Removal as proposed?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

16 26.23%
  • Yes, but a with switch to turn on / off safe zones.

26 42.62%
  • No

19 31.15%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    To me this temp change would not do much until the rest of the PVP stuff is in. People need something to fight for, opening up PVP on tribal lands does not accomplish this. But it's good to see some of the early issues with PVP on tribal lands on. This could be a good balance check to issues later before war issues.

Ok, so majority of players will just end up walking off there tribezones, therefore pretty much removing what has been added.

Only new players won't be walled of so will remain at 4 until walled of then increase tribe size when safe.

For me I don't think this addition will help entourage good PvP. May aswell just wait.

Quote Originally Posted by mush View Post
    Ok, so majority of players will just end up walking off there tribezones, therefore pretty much removing what has been added.

Only new players won't be walled of so will remain at 4 until walled of then increase tribe size when safe.

For me I don't think this addition will help entourage good PvP. May aswell just wait.
    Why I say don't wait is because it can show possible issues/exploits with the system. Like people bypassing walls using "tricks". Then it can be fixed without having to do it in the middle of 100 other fixes and issues.

I would rather find out about it when I can only be killed in my tribal area than find out about it when all items are fully lootable bins and killing me and other issues like stat loss on death. Find out more now with controlled issues.

Quote Originally Posted by mush View Post

Once the walls go up and you get switched over to PVP you can chase somebody back to their tribe land and get through their door before they have a chance to close it.

It could be a lot of fun!

Also, as DDT say's, this could help find exploits because players will be more motivated (not saying they should do this, just saying it will happen) to try and glitch through walls just to get in to kill you.

We can find these bugs now instead of later when the better system get's put in.

Xsyon Citizen
    Hello well I solo but have lot of account So it just 1 player in tribe Am ok whit switch on or off

Quote Originally Posted by KeithStone View Post
    Once the walls go up and you get switched over to PVP you can chase somebody back to their tribe land and get through their door before they have a chance to close it.
    Anyone play on a un-modded rust server? (or one with out the auto door close script)

This is basically what you do OR C4 doors to get into bases.

Apart from building thats all you do in rust and that player base is going strong.

perhaps with incentives for your tribe if you switch protection off?

i am and always will be pve in sandbox games like this, where you make and build things, but i've played and enjoyed competitive games too - perhaps if you switch protection off in your tribe you get combat bonuses in it, which i think would make sense because the playing field is your own home vs the attackers who are newcomers.

it will create an interesting scenario where, in exchange for being prone to attacks, you have a higher chance of successfully defending, which gives you reward in the form of loot from the attackers killed. and the ability to switch protection back on for when most of the tribe members go offline. because then it's an unfair fight. and hardcore game rule #1 is if its not fair it isnt fun.

Hi...

Rosedrake puts up a good point to have a tribe bonus if switched off...but may i add that to have that bonus your upkeep must be maintained or even a seperate upkeep for possible pvp...say blood offerings from a kill.

Mookie

Quote Originally Posted by rosedrake View Post
    perhaps with incentives for your tribe if you switch protection off?

i am and always will be pve in sandbox games like this, where you make and build things, but i've played and enjoyed competitive games too - perhaps if you switch protection off in your tribe you get combat bonuses in it, which i think would make sense because the playing field is your own home vs the attackers who are newcomers.

it will create an interesting scenario where, in exchange for being prone to attacks, you have a higher chance of successfully defending, which gives you reward in the form of loot from the attackers killed. and the ability to switch protection back on for when most of the tribe members go offline. because then it's an unfair fight. and hardcore game rule #1 is if its not fair it isnt fun.
    Isn't respawning at the battle front already a huge bonus? If you die, you can respawn at the battle front. You also have access to food and resupplies.
    I understand if you are talking about a 1 v 1 fight. But someone trying to kill you and loot you would have to also get away with the loot.
    Likely they would have to fight you and your tribe members and it would be very hard to get away with the loot.

In my opinion if there is another bonus for your own tribe lands fighting it should be relatively small.

The other problem I have with "switches" is the fact people will abuse them. How would you like it someone setting up a command post of resupplies and drop off for attacking your base that you can't do anything about and can't kill them once they cross the line into their tribal area? You think it won't happen? I promise you it will, all the time. The bonus would have to be so great that people are pretty much forced to turn it off, but still after that point why have the switch option at all?

@MrDDT: respawn timer should be longer when there are intruders. losing condition being having everyone dead so the intruders are free to loot things and flee before tribe members respawn.

same with switching too, give it a timer, or make it unswitchable until tribe area is clear of intruders.