Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Game performance problem

Hi all, I'm a new player

I just installed Xsyon and start the game, but I have very crappy performances.

My config:
    - Intel Core i5-3470 3,2GHz
    - 16GB ram
    - AMD Sapphire Radeon R9 290X 4GB
    - Windows 7 64 bit

How can I have 12fps @1920x1080 with ALL setting to Off or the minimum value? And it goes a little worse with all at max...

There are some "hidden" settings to do?

I also have a similiar setup and I too am getting much more lag than before. It seems mainly associated with huge structures and big groups of trees. I am wondering if the server move means some server optimisation is needed. I have played the game for years and the in game lag has never been as bad as it is for me.

I have found the biggest culprit for fps loss is the shadow settings in the options.

There are 3 settings, with those 3 set to

Soft Shadows - ON
    Adv Shadows - ON
    Shadow Detail - High

I get 20 fps

Changing them to Off, Off, Low I get 60 fps

Soft Shadows - OFF
    Adv Shadows - OFF
    Shadow Detail - LOW

and that change is immediate without even restarting the client

Sark

Quote Originally Posted by chojinuk View Post
    I have found the biggest culprit for fps loss is the shadow settings in the options.

There are 3 settings, with those 3 set to

Soft Shadows - ON
    Adv Shadows - ON
    Shadow Detail - High

I get 20 fps

Changing them to Off, Off, Low I get 60 fps

Soft Shadows - OFF
    Adv Shadows - OFF
    Shadow Detail - LOW

and that change is immediate without even restarting the client

Sark
    With all settings to maximum and On I get 10 fps, with all Off or to minimum I get 12 fps...

Are you in a part of the map with an obscene amount of unfinished construction?

We really need some sort of limit on the number of unbuilt plans can be placed down or a timer before they disappear, the problem with this is people have all the time in the world to lay down plans that just lag out the server.

there is unfinished construction all over the map on both servers,

This is unfortunately what happens when you dont have decay or some mechanic that gets rid of the crap people leave everywhere.

Just a quick note: I've been working on optimizations to improve frame rate when possible. The current thread for testing and providing feedback on the Test Server optimizations is here

i posted my test results to this test server optimization thread. Hopefully, it may help