Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Open World PvP, option?

Is there a way to make the Open World PvP an "Option/Choice" upon logging into game? Ie, only those that make this choice can attack each other.

Not sure whether this idea has any legs but it gives the Open World PvP crowd what they want while leaving the PvE crowd alone. Also seems to get rid of the "ganking" factor.

Probably a few holes in this idea but thought I would put it forth.

Also not sure whether this is doable in terms of Dev time.

Shot in the dark.

Re: Open World PvP, option?

No, Open PvP is enforced.

Re:Open World PvP, option?

I am a crafter first and a fighter second, but I would still not like to see this implemented. One of the reasons I am drawn to Open world pvp is because if someone decides to be a jerk and insult me or do other annoying things, I can kill him and make him stop, where as in other games you can't do anything but complain about harassment... which rarely makes it stop.

Open PvP only.

Anything else allows wiggle room for griefers to hide behind the no-PvP flag, which is much worse in my opinion, than what can happen in an open PvP world.

Oh, our good friend Kunra is back!

Veldern wrote:
    I am a crafter first and a fighter second, but I would still not like to see this implemented. One of the reasons I am drawn to Open world pvp is because if someone decides to be a jerk and insult me or do other annoying things, I can kill him and make him stop, where as in other games you can't do anything but complain about harassment... which rarely makes it stop.
    Or kill people who make annoying threads over and over again.

Okie wrote:
    Indeed...

Okie wrote:
    Veldern wrote:
    I will be there, just cause I don't spend all my time trying to kill others, doesn't mean I can't.

If I understand the way Combat skills work, guess what, I will be happy to see you ingame(if I ever get ingame).

That could be true for a lot of members here at Xsyon.

kiwibird wrote:
    That could be true for a lot of members here at Xsyon.
    Kinda cryptic there, Kiwi. What ya mean?