Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

One server unite

Dear Jordi
    When you created this game you made it as one server, These were your thought for your game over time people wined and wined to get there own way, now there are two servers I hope this is not costing you any more.
    Low danger can be Pve the medium - high can be in-between, the extreme can be pvp everyone gets a little both you get your game back of one server and everything should just merge. As for the animals being kept in pens that I know of they are the children's pets, until taming comes in to the game they will be kept in pens. The children play with them all the time they run with the bears and in the end feed them self's to the bears and coyotes and love it, as for feeding them food other them self's I think is a awesome idea!. it would be great to get the fashion website back up (been down for 4 mouths).
    :3

The problem isnt two servers, its the lag and lack of endgame features that drives players away. Truthfully there are a lot of things that can turn players away, despite Xsyon being a great game and having an excellent setting. The only ones whining are the players wanting to combine the servers and force players to play their way.

All will be fixed in due time, just the dev needs to get back on his feet with things and when he does maybe he can get a trustworthy team to help him out.

If I was capable of coding and all that good stuff, id offer to help in my spare time because this game has great potential. It. Just. Needs. Help. To. Grow.

I would say there are a lot more people whining than that, and many many more no longer playing because of lack of things to do and broken promises.

Need I talk about Archery?

@Blazette no one wants to force anyone to play a certain way, you was on the pvp server for well over a week, was u killed ? was u even in danger from pvp ?

Pvp is the ONLY endgame content there is atm and not using it (even just for events and friendly duels) is ridiculous.
    Last edited by Hero; 11-30-2016 at 05:32 PM. Reason: lol

To be honest, having a PVE server is the only thing that sets Xsyon apart from most of the games like it.. If i were forced to play on a pvp server i would quit, im not gonna become someone play thing, cuse there idea of fun, is ruining someone elses game time.. If any merge were to happen, i would shut down the PVP server and make everyone play on the PVE server until combat revsions are made, and the community grows, then reopen the pvp server for those who want it.

Quote Originally Posted by doug111973 View Post
    To be honest, having a PVE server is the only thing that sets Xsyon apart from most of the games like it.. If i were forced to play on a pvp server i would quit, im not gonna become someone play thing, cuse there idea of fun, is ruining someone elses game time.. If any merge were to happen, i would shut down the PVP server and make everyone play on the PVE server until combat revsions are made, and the community grows, then reopen the pvp server for those who want it.
    Can you tell me what games are like it? So I can break it down how the PVP server is not like those games? Which also makes it why the PVP server has failed over and over.

Let me just list a few here.

Wurm Online PVP server you can be attacked and killed on your lands. Xsyon you can not.
    Rust. Same as Wurm Online.
    Ark. Same as Wurm Online.
    Etc Etc.

There is no PVP on the PVP server, and the rules make it so there is no way to have PVP, or reason or drive.

What really needs to happen is not what you are saying. What really needs to happen is what Xsyon promised 7+ years ago. Which is a reason for PVP. Combat that works. Archery. Healing. Etc Etc.
    Shutting down a server that few play, to force everyone to play a server that few play is not going to fix the PVE server or PVP server.
    Even better would be to merge the servers and styles of play. Make a PVE/PVP server where some areas are PVP open and some areas are PVE only. But what do I know.

Xsyon Citizen
    I am not playing because of attribute and skill decay

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Can you tell me what games are like it? So I can break it down how the PVP server is not like those games? Which also makes it why the PVP server has failed over and over.

Let me just list a few here.

Wurm Online PVP server you can be attacked and killed on your lands. Xsyon you can not.
    Rust. Same as Wurm Online.
    Ark. Same as Wurm Online.
    Etc Etc.

There is no PVP on the PVP server, and the rules make it so there is no way to have PVP, or reason or drive.

What really needs to happen is not what you are saying. What really needs to happen is what Xsyon promised 7+ years ago. Which is a reason for PVP. Combat that works. Archery. Healing. Etc Etc.
    Shutting down a server that few play, to force everyone to play a server that few play is not going to fix the PVE server or PVP server.
    Even better would be to merge the servers and styles of play. Make a PVE/PVP server where some areas are PVP open and some areas are PVE only. But what do I know.
    If players could flag for PvP.. i would be down for that.. but PvP or PvE, doesnt matter.. if there is nothing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by doug111973 View Post
    If players could flag for PvP.. i would be down for that.. but PvP or PvE, doesnt matter.. if there is nothing to do.
    Exactly on both counts.

Which is why I said don't split the servers make zones that are PVP. So you can go there for PVP. Then also add reasons to PVP. Contested resources, or mines or contested totems that have resources or something to fight over. Give people a reason to fight, and give them a place to fight.
    You then have PVPer's happy because they have a reason to fight, which gives them a reason to skill up, which also gives them a reason to get better gear ETC ETC.
    Then you have PVEers are happy, because they don't get random PKed and they can go on PVEing and crafting, supplying other PVEers and PvPers.
    You also don't split up groups of friends and people. Two servers is a major bad idea for a very low population game.

Win Win Win.

I have to concur. Two servers is more detriment than benefit.

Lack of meaningful PvP related goals, like control of land and resources is why most tribes are personal vanity projects and not bands of people who have been drawn together due to conflict over resources. Currently on both servers, tribes are a luxury everyone can afford rather than a necessity to which everyone must adapt in one way or another.

Having tangible reasons to fight will compel players to aggregate. If the best resources can only be found on contestable controlled land, cooperation becomes critical for high end resource gathering and crafting rather than merely convenient.

A PvP safe zone is probably has less potential for abuse than a PvP toggle.