In most games I have played I wait until I'm in game for a good while, can stand on my own two feet and such before joining a tribe. It also gives me time to figure through chat and game interaction which people fit my type of group.

Looking through the forums here though it would seem there are quite a few tribes already with a decent number of members who are not yet in game.

Is it practical to choose a tribe before being selected for beta and/or launch of game?

In case the answers yes I'll include a little bit of info about myself, If I seem like the type to fit in with your tribe leave a message or shoot a PM or whatever.

I'm in between a "casual" player and a power gamer, as in I'll be on every day, but only for long amounts of time maybe 2-3 days a week. I live in EST zone. Exploration, crafting, and building all interest me but i am a PKer at heart. Although not the typical jacka** that most people define PKers as. MMO history involves most wide scale MMOs released since '99 but only played a few long term consisting of: Asheron's Call, ShadowBane, DAoC, AoC, and Darkfall. I'm ex-military and enjoy playing with military or ex-military...or even military minded people haha.

Well thats me in a nutshell, thanks in advance for replies.