Thread: January Update?

January Update?

So is this still coming? Was curious, very excited for animal taming and ranged combat! been saving my bonus XP points to get a head start on the skills.

O.O

You have much to learn Grasshopper

the normal wait for a patch in Xsyon has been about every 6 months or so. Even tho he has mentioned that there are patches close to ready for the first qtr. I would not be pacing in front of the screen waiting for them.

Mookie

Hello Doug,

Yes, I will start patching regular updates by the end of this month. Patches after that will come at least once per month.

As noted in the News sections, these patches will include:

Continued heavy optimizations
    Revised position and action synchronization
    Creature AI revisions
    Creature stat revisions
    Creature path finding revised
    Combat revisions
    Animal Taming
    Pets
    Mounts
    Artisan and Master weapons
    Two handed weapons
    Weapon bonuses revised
    40-50 Improvements based on Player Suggestions including a Party system
    War Server territorial conquest system
    Personal currency consolidation
    Ranged Combat
    First round of Achievements

Patches will roughly follow this list in order. Improvements based on Player Suggestions, however, will be patched out in between more prominent changes. Ranged combat will not be in this month's patch. Taming and pets will likely be in the second patch this year.

Last year it was difficult for me to patch updates as I was injured and recovering slowly for most of the year. This was mentioned in my Developer Update blog, but I haven't made a big deal about it. I spent a lot of time laid back reading, learned a lot about optimizations and have applied many optimizations to the code. Prior to this, patches were more frequent. You can see this in the Patch Notes section of this site.

I hope that answers your question!

Quote Originally Posted by Xsyon View Post
    Hello Doug,

Yes, I will start patching regular updates by the end of this month. Patches after that will come at least once per month.

As noted in the News sections, these patches will include:

Continued heavy optimizations
    Revised position and action synchronization
    Creature AI revisions
    Creature stat revisions
    Creature path finding revised
    Combat revisions
    Animal Taming
    Pets
    Mounts
    Artisan and Master weapons
    Two handed weapons
    Weapon bonuses revised
    40-50 Improvements based on Player Suggestions including a Party system
    War Server territorial conquest system
    Personal currency consolidation
    Ranged Combat
    First round of Achievements

Patches will roughly follow this list in order. Improvements based on Player Suggestions, however, will be patched out in between more prominent changes. Ranged combat will not be in this month's patch. Taming and pets will likely be in the second patch this year.

Last year it was difficult for me to patch updates as I was injured and recovering slowly for most of the year. This was mentioned in my Developer Update blog, but I haven't made a big deal about it. I spent a lot of time laid back reading, learned a lot about optimizations and have applied many optimizations to the code. Prior to this, patches were more frequent. You can see this in the Patch Notes section of this site.

I hope that answers your question!
    So it is now Feb.... and no Jan patch. Hmmm wonder why the game has no one in it.
    http://steamcharts.com/search/?q=xsyon

O.O

Did I not say wax on, Wipe off?

Do this and repeat

A watched pot seems to never boil

Mookie