Feedback Request - Windowed and Borderless Modes (Test Server)

The Test Server is open with changes. There are now 3 screen modes: full screen, windowed and borderless windowed mode. Windowed mode has been revised to re-scale better at game resolutions that match or exceed your current screen resolution.

This has been tested quite a bit but I appreciate additional public tests. Here's what I'm looking for:

1) Please try out borderless mode at all resolutions. Does this work well for you? Are there any offset mouse issues? If so, what is your screen resolution and at what game resolution do you encounter problems?

2) Please try out windowed mode especially at the maximum resolutions. Does the window re-scale properly to fit within your screen with the bottom windows task bar visible? Does the game window extend past your screen at any resolution? Do you encounter any offset mouse issues? If so, again, what is your screen resolution and at what game resolution do you encounter problems?

In particular if you can set your monitor beyond 1920x1080 I would like your feedback. If everything checks out ok (I hope it does!) I'd also like to know.

Thanks!

O.O

I will let others try out the basics....

Mine works fine in windowed mode 1920x1800...srry I don't know what you mean by offset mouse issues...I used mouse all over the screen and worked fine and I could quickly click on desktop icons I have showing with no ill effects.

Mookie

Did not do extensive testing. Mostly stayed at 1920x1080 resolution. Did try all 3 modes and found no problems. Cannot set my monitor beyond 1920x1080.

Tried all 3 modes at 2560 x 1600 @ 60hz

Found no issues or mouse offset issues

except for that very minor, hardly worth mentioning, thats been around a while
    text graphic thing that seems to only appear when you choose WINDOWED mode but its set to the native res of your monitor
    so one thing seems to get compressed. the system message bar that appears in the middle of the screen.
    And I think it only happens at higher res's.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	311 
Size:	215.7 KB 
ID:	549

Thanks! I can't test above 1920x1080 so it's good to have this feedback. The system text messages look normal at all resolutions for me, so it must be at a higher resolution. Do you have font scaling turned on at all?

Looks great, I did it on all 3 modes, even over multi screens it looks good.

11520x2160 (3 monitors) (have to use the special mode though on that makes all 3 appear as 1 monitor)
    3840x2160 (1 monitor)

One thing I would like is an option to change the GUI size, and chat size. Because as you go up in res the text stays the same font size which can get quiet small for high res stuff. But I'm not sure how many people even use high res graphics, and I'm not sure how hard this is to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Xsyon View Post
    Thanks! I can't test above 1920x1080 so it's good to have this feedback. The system text messages look normal at all resolutions for me, so it must be at a higher resolution. Do you have font scaling turned on at all?
    Font Scaling ?

Im using W10 the only thing I can see for that is something Called Clear Type Text (Settings,System, Advanced Display Settings) then under that there further options Cleartype text and Advanced sizing of text and other Items.

These are turned on by default and are the default setting of 100%.

Or is there a graphic setting in the Nvida options ?

As MrDDT says the one of the reasons I play in a lower res ie I play in a 4:3 aspect window size of 1920 x 1440 @ 60hz because at higher res's the whole UI stays the same pixel size and as you go up in res the UI gets smaller and smaller.
    Last edited by chojinuk; 03-05-2017 at 04:36 AM.

My laptop: Inspiron 7000 series with the following specs: Intel Core I7-6700HQ, 16GB of RAM, 1 TB HHD and 250GB SSD(which Xyson is installed on). A dual graphics Intel HD, and NVidia GTX 960M(4GB). Under Nvidia control panel Xyson is using High Performance NVidia GPU. I am running a resolution of 3840x2160.
    -Very lagging Ping is is in the 900 range Im normally around 60's
    -the higher the resolution the smaller and smaller UI gets

(yes we need an option to change UI size if its possible and wont slow down getting the new updates)

Quote Originally Posted by zymmie View Post
    My laptop: Inspiron 7000 series with the following specs: Intel Core I7-6700HQ, 16GB of RAM, 1 TB HHD and 250GB SSD(which Xyson is installed on). A dual graphics Intel HD, and NVidia GTX 960M(4GB). Under Nvidia control panel Xyson is using High Performance NVidia GPU. I am running a resolution of 3840x2160.
    -Very lagging Ping is is in the 900 range Im normally around 60's
    -the higher the resolution the smaller and smaller UI gets

(yes we need an option to change UI size if its possible and wont slow down getting the new updates)
    I wanted to comment on the ping, 3 things.
    1)The test server is in the EU not NA, so that might be the reason for the increase.
    2)The test server could have been having issues that day or time.
    3)Running at 4k on a 960M might be causing your CPU to work extra (yes I know graphics are GPU) but it's very hard to process that data and hard for your computer which then takes up part of the time from the networking giving you a high ping. Try lowering the res and see if you still have ping issues.

I adjusted. My ping was bouncing from 130's to 370ish. I wasn't aware the test server was in EU. It makes more sense.