Feedback Request - Synch Between Players (Test Server)

The Test Server is currently running the best I can do for now to synchronize player movements when viewed by another player. The changes to the system were initially tested a while ago but never publicly patched. The system has been improved as I've optimized many functions.

There will still be a level of 'desynch' depending on each player's ping to the server but this should be an improvement from what is on the main servers.

What to look for:

1) Other player positions should be more accurate on your screen.

2) Other players should not slide when stopping as they do on the main servers.

3) Other player animations should be better in synch with their movements.

4) How is PvP with the improved synchronization?

Note: I am looking for feedback on players only in this thread. Creatures are not ready for this test and I will open another thread or revise the text in this one when they are.

Thanks!

O.O

Before checking....would it not be better to have the PvP server loaded instead of the PvE?

Kinda pointless since we cant test actual hits or miss's on PvE.

The Test Server is running the Peace Server data but with a War Server build, so PvP is enabled.

Noob qyestion but how do we get to participate on the test server..

Quote Originally Posted by crabeye View Post
    Noob qyestion but how do we get to participate on the test server..
    I dont know how it works if you are using steam but after you enter your username andpassword Play Xsyon will pop up. At the bottom of that you will see Test Server. Instead of Clicking Play Xyson click on Test Server.

O.O

well ok then, logged in an alt with little battle xp

First, could not find anyone in Global to fight so I found some revs

Z901/86/812....did you turn agro off or what?...I hit a rev, it slowed down to almost a walk then stood still...I kept hitting and killed it and 2 others same way...also a Pine Martin same actions with no agro.

since I cant test what you wanted I tried some other stuff

Z941/632/139...chopped a tree down but no box appeared to make logs
    Z941/419/20.....Dismantled some old building parts but no box to build/cancel to finish action

my concern is if you have stuff turned off to do the test on pvp actions then what happens if the patch creates a bug in what you had turned off? this seems like a lost cause.

Mookie

O.O

Short test.

Both parties had ping very close to the other.

with this commonality I did not notice any difference in Char. movements

The only thing I seem to notice is that I think I was being hit on the side as I passed by close so even tho the other char missed the initial intended mark...the swing still sideswiped me.

Mookie

O.O

I have not seen any other comments posted on this test.

I take it then that no one cares or even wants pvp anymore?

Mookie