Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PanStargazer View Post
    Y’all will probably hate me for this, but that’s nothing new for me. I’ve been burned at the stake for less.

I don’t see this as a fault of the game. I see it as a fault of the players expressing it.

This game has always demanded self-motivation. There’s no glowing quest markers.

It’s also a game that requires patience.

There’s no power creep, and so there is no eternal orgy of egoism associated with crafting. (Thank Jordi for that!)

When there are no more skills to learn, no more towers to build, no more ancient triceracock to skin, you build culture and with that a society.

Perhaps, the game could be more engaging with territorial conflict. But even then, the most successful tribes will be those with the most effective social systems, not the ones with the biggest fortresses, or the shiniest armors.
    You are right the game has always demanded self motivation, but that is not what we are talking about we are talking about the content.

We can't motivate archery into the game. Which he said was going to be into the game long ago.
    We can't motivate healing systems in game. We can't motivate a way to do special moves in combat.

These things need to be added. They were supposed to be looked at and put into place YEARS yes YEARS ago. If you want to know why the no longer has 1000s of people online at once it's because of these reasons along with a poor launch.

Adding a few new skills won't change the fact that most gamers are spoiled narcissists who believe they are entitled to demand that the world entertain them simply because they shelled out a few dollars and are unwilling or incapable of entertaining themselves.

It's no use expecting this to be an AAA game. Criticism of the launch is not constructive.

As far as I'm concerned, MrDDT, you're the biggest problem with this game and you don't even play it any more.

Adding a few new skills won't change the fact that most gamers are spoiled narcissists who believe they are entitled to demand that the world entertain them simply because they shelled out a few dollars and are unwilling or incapable of entertaining themselves.

It's no use expecting this to be an AAA game. Criticism of the launch is not constructive.

As far as I'm concerned, MrDDT, you're the biggest problem with this game and you don't even play it any more.

I don't see how it's spoiled to want what is promised when people bought something. How is that spoiled?

I understand that there is frustration with delays in anticipated features. However, there is no concealment of the fact that this game is in development and may remain so indefinitely. One joins it with an understanding that it may never be completed. If that was not acceptable to you, you should not have signed up. There is no deception or broken contract.

I understand that there is frustration with delays in anticipated features. However, there is no concealment of the fact that this game is in development and may remain so indefinitely. One joins it with an understanding that it may never be completed. If that was not acceptable to you, you should not have signed up. There is no deception or broken contract.
    Back before the game was released for early access, there are many promises that were broken. I would agree with you after a year or 2 of release I can see how people could have been warned about these things. But when the game first was released (and pre release) many things were supposed to be in the game. They were not, then later the promises that they would come into the game, and 7+ years later we are still waiting.

This is not being spoiled. This is a broken statement of what the game was to have in it and become. I'm not talking about stuff that he says he is "working on" but things that were said to be IN the game or soon after release were going to be in the game.

Heck he even delayed the release to give us animals. He almost released the game with no animals at all.

If it's as bad as you say it is, why are you still here?

If it's as bad as you say it is, why are you still here?
    I have hope that the core part of the game is great, but needs to add some stuff to it to make it a "game" right now it still feels mostly like building is all you can really do and grind your toons.
    The graphics are good, inventory, building and skill system.
    Just needs to add more to the game to make it more of a game.

So why I'm here is I have hope in the game and Xsyon himself and I want to add my opinion and insight into what I think can be a great and fun game.

Why I'm currently not playing is because at first for the few year or 2 he was adding more things to the game monthly. After about 4 years things slowed down greatly, the last 2 years we've seen almost nothing. So I'm currently not active in game because I feel like it's not going to give me any more insight on how to help make my opinions and ideas better for the game. I know a lot about Xsyon already and I can still give ideas and opinions on what I think would make the game better.

I can only speak for myself, but I feel your opinions and insights would be far more valuable if you limited yourself to feedback that was actually constructive, rather than repeating your complaints and sowing negativity.

I sense the limiting factors in the game's development are administrative and organizational rather than a lack of understanding what actual changes need to be made. Again, this is not a AAA game; it's not designed to be a cash cow and this limits development resources. Jordi is only human and I think he deserves more respect than you exhibit when you complain about the state of the game. Anyone can be a critic.

You may not think you are acting like a spoiled narcissist, but that's what it looks like to me. (It takes one to know one.)

Well you can think that, but I've been around a long long time I have over 10 accounts myself.

Any game that says they will put in core things into the game. Like Archery (AKA Ranged combat) and don't that's a major issue for people that already pre bought the game and bought it on the hopes things like that would be in "soon" not 7 years later or really more.

It's not being spoiled. I'm not saying I need it my way and I'm mad about it. I'm saying just do what you said you were going to do. It's called integrity.

I still talk to and play with 100s of people that played Xsyon. I see guilds of them on other games I play, and in new games still in alpha and they said the same things about it.

No one expected this to be a cash cow. No one expected rich graphics and lots of MMO style raids, bosses and content with all sorts of stuff.

What we did expect was what was told we would have in the game from Xsyon himself.

Just look at how long he has been saying in the development that it's going on. It's progressing. I stopped playing, because of this very reason. The game is stalled and it's been stalled for years.

I think Xsyon has done a great job on the core part of the game. Just need to get a bit more of a game into the game to make it fun to people.

I understand why you are upset. I think most in the community do and have for sometime. Which is all the more reason to stop repeating yourself.

It's not productive. It does nothing to further development and it erodes the morale of the community.