Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quite Disappointed

Quite disappointed in the progress of this game, and the lack of communication. This game is great, but theres not enough to do to keep people playing.. skill up, pull grass till your fingers bleed, then pull some more...build, and get your face handed to you by rabbits and squirrels. This game has been in development for years.. and still.. nothing. Once you have established yourself to the point where surviving is no longer a problem, the game gets boring.. and this is why the game is dead.. I understand you are only 1 person developing this game, dont you think its time to start recruiting some help? Make it moddable so the community can contribute to development.. SOMETHING!! Spend some time researching what games like Xsyon are doing, Ark, Conan Exiles, Dark & Light.. Xsyon has soooo much potential.. its too bad that it will be years before we see anything of significance.

Some of the new features you have planned make no sense in the current stage the game is in... example, territorial conquest system!? are you serious!? theres not enough people playing to even consider this.. most of your community is on the PVE server.. wich in my opinion is the only thing Xsyon has going for it.. the only thing that sets it apart from games like it.. all the others are pvp only.

Yea, you have Farming, and Hunting but these are a waste of time, really.. when you think about it, the rewards from these features decay after a while, so you find yourself GIVING it away.. and your auction house like system is horrible, what was the logic is requiring people to run and find the totem where the thing you want to buy is being sold.. Just link them all, already.. allowing us to just buy from who ever, right from our totem.. At least then it MIGHT get used.

Im sorry if this sounds harsh, i Talked this game up to my friends saying how fun it was, they all bought the game and gave it a go, and got bored in a month or so.. I log in to play and i find my self doing teh same thing, over and over again.. Growing more veggies to replace the ones that have decayed.. pointless.. stopped doing it, i just fish now for food.. Building.. Bugged.. cant get floor tiles to sit right on cantilevers.. stopped doing that.. and WTF is up with making cantilevers out of grass!? really!? its called wood!! pulling grass is the most annoying feature in this game, maybe it wouldn't be so bad if you could pull more than 4 at a time.. and why cant we craft nails!? seriously!? nails are more valuable than dollars.. this game needs Mining and Smithing BADLY! Exploring... /sigh its more and more of the same, my time in game is spent running around and looking for tribal land thats been abandoned, looting whats lootable and taking it back to base.. unfortunately, this too gets boring after you keep finding the same stuff over and over again.. I have TENTS full of the same ole crap.. how about some deep dark caves to explore, with randomly spawning treasure chests, rare spawn creatures at the end of these caves that drop loot, dollars, nails, SOMETHING!! Scavenging for dollars and recipes needs to be tweaked, scavenge a spot, move, scavenge a spot move, some of these scrap heaps are huge, again, quality of life.. allow us to scavenge a spot more than once, before we have to move..

MYST TRADERS!! This sounded interesting until i heard you have to have a large tribe in order to even use this.. the grind in this game is bad, very bad.. some quality of life tweaks need to be made.. or people just wont continue to play anymore, and after all i have said, I REALLY WANT THIS GAME to succeed.. But with only 1 developer, i just dont see it happening...

For now im gonna stay optimistic and HOPE that new stuff is coming soon, and i dont just mean features, you really need to think about content.. animal taming and archery should be the 1st thing to drop IMO.. then work on the melee combat revisions.. make archery worth using.. ive heard that it will be less damage than melee combat... really? where is the fun in that? MOUNTS are another thing that need to drop asap.. walking is getting really, really old..

So im gonna stop cuse i can keep going and going, ive given the community more than enough to start trolling my post, and you guys can go for it.. Like i said, even tho i may seem like im bashing the game right now, I do LOVE this game.. and i want to see it succeed, but right now i cant even suggest it to anyone.. anymore.. cuse everyone I suggested it too, who has bought the game, feels robbed.. it would be different if the game had only been in development for a year or two.. but its been years now..

Oh yea, and there is one more thing i wanted to chime in on.. Carpentry.. why oh why do you give us the ability to build such amazing structures, and not give us the ability to craft things to put inside.. chairs, tables, beds, mounted trophies.. this is another thing that needs to happen, i see these amazing structures in my travels, go inside.. to find empty rooms biggest let down of this game, IMO... and one last thing.. promise.. Just allow us to skill up all skills.. please!
    Last edited by doug111973; 02-14-2017 at 02:29 PM.

I have to agree with you. I do love this game but it needs more. I wish the dev would quit getting side tracked and fix the real issues that players are asking for in game. Fix combat. Give us ranged weapons that we have been promised for years now. Pet taming and mounts. Healing in game. It was promised but we haven't seen that yet either. Fix the economy. Allow trade to happen on the totem! Oh yeah! Furniture would be nice. I get tired of people saying , you can make furniture with post and decks. Seriously? We shouldn't have to make do. Well I also agree that more loot needs to be added in game. How cool would it be to be scavenging and you scav up a small treasure chest? It doesn't even have to have something valuable every time, just the chance of something.
    The forum is full of suggestions, good suggestions but it seems we will never get any of them.
    I log in all the time to see new people playing but after a few days they disappear. This is great a game with so much potential but soon there wont be new players because the games reputation is going to be so tarnished with broken promises it wont matter any more any way.

*SIGH*

OK... first off let me say that I get that you are frustrated with a few things, but you did realize that its a survival game and like in real life, at first things are tough, but do get better over time, and how fast they improve depends on the effort?

I have been here since release and remember my early days, and loved every minute of it. I worked hard to build up a big tribe and have many high level skills, but it took time to get here.

I cannot understand what issues you have with building, since I have tons of buildings built. I cannot agree with your view on farming as I know I can make foods that give 2 buffs and can restore full energy or health in about 30 seconds.

If you are trying to make this game your life, or perhaps make yourself famous in game, them perhaps I can see why such things frustrate you, but if you are just looking for a nice game to play in, relax and hang out with your friends and enjoy the many things you can do in this game then all I can say is maybe slow down there a bit and smell the roses.

Quote Originally Posted by Mactavendish View Post
    *SIGH*

OK... first off let me say that I get that you are frustrated with a few things, but you did realize that its a survival game and like in real life, at first things are tough, but do get better over time, and how fast they improve depends on the effort?

I have been here since release and remember my early days, and loved every minute of it. I worked hard to build up a big tribe and have many high level skills, but it took time to get here.

I cannot understand what issues you have with building, since I have tons of buildings built. I cannot agree with your view on farming as I know I can make foods that give 2 buffs and can restore full energy or health in about 30 seconds.

If you are trying to make this game your life, or perhaps make yourself famous in game, them perhaps I can see why such things frustrate you, but if you are just looking for a nice game to play in, relax and hang out with your friends and enjoy the many things you can do in this game then all I can say is maybe slow down there a bit and smell the roses.
    Totally didnt read my post at all... or you are suffering from short-term memory loss.. nothing you said has anything to do with my post.. Im saying this game is great.. but it is very shallow.. ONCE you have established yourself to the point where survival is no longer a problem.. there is NOTHING to do.. I dont wanna live my life in the game, i dont wanna be famous.. I just want to play.. but doing the same thing, over and over gets boring. Farming is great, but you can farm up everything you need in a few weeks.. make lots of food.. just to have it decay or give it away..and then do it all over again... not enough players to start any kind of tribe of any significance, so you set up your own homestead, thats just too small for anything really.. Yea you can experiment with building & farming, but once you run out of space.. then what? more of the same..

Quote Originally Posted by doug111973 View Post
    Totally didnt read my post at all... or you are suffering from short-term memory loss.. nothing you said has anything to do with my post.. Im saying this game is great.. but it is very shallow.. ONCE you have established yourself to the point where survival is no longer a problem.. there is NOTHING to do.. I dont wanna live my life in the game, i dont wanna be famous.. I just want to play.. but doing the same thing, over and over gets boring. Farming is great, but you can farm up everything you need in a few weeks.. make lots of food.. just to have it decay or give it away..and then do it all over again... not enough players to start any kind of tribe of any significance, so you set up your own homestead, thats just too small for anything really.. Yea you can experiment with building & farming, but once you run out of space.. then what? more of the same..
    Nail on the head.

Game needs to drive players to want to do something other than build and rebuild cool looking bases that serve no purpose.

The way your base is made makes no difference other than looks. You can have a 2 plot farm with a totem and 1meter x 1meter area for storage and have in effect the same as someone with a 100 foot high wall and towers and etc etc. There is no sieges there is no extra reason to build up anything. It's 100% about looks.

This is where the game is failing. The survival part of the game is missing and so is any kind of strife.

O.O

I know what you will say..."water under the bridge"

but if the server was never split and a different course of action was taken I think the game would have been better.

Mookie

Quote Originally Posted by Ooloo View Post
    O.O

I know what you will say..."water under the bridge"

but if the server was never split and a different course of action was taken I think the game would have been better.

Mookie
    Yep.... I guess he cant undo it. If only.

Y’all will probably hate me for this, but that’s nothing new for me. I’ve been burned at the stake for less.

I don’t see this as a fault of the game. I see it as a fault of the players expressing it.

This game has always demanded self-motivation. There’s no glowing quest markers.

It’s also a game that requires patience.

There’s no power creep, and so there is no eternal orgy of egoism associated with crafting. (Thank Jordi for that!)

When there are no more skills to learn, no more towers to build, no more ancient triceracock to skin, you build culture and with that a society.

Perhaps, the game could be more engaging with territorial conflict. But even then, the most successful tribes will be those with the most effective social systems, not the ones with the biggest fortresses, or the shiniest armors.