Quote Originally Posted by PanStargazer View Post
Y’all will probably hate me for this, but that’s nothing new for me. I’ve been burned at the stake for less.

I don’t see this as a fault of the game. I see it as a fault of the players expressing it.

This game has always demanded self-motivation. There’s no glowing quest markers.

It’s also a game that requires patience.

There’s no power creep, and so there is no eternal orgy of egoism associated with crafting. (Thank Jordi for that!)

When there are no more skills to learn, no more towers to build, no more ancient triceracock to skin, you build culture and with that a society.

Perhaps, the game could be more engaging with territorial conflict. But even then, the most successful tribes will be those with the most effective social systems, not the ones with the biggest fortresses, or the shiniest armors.
You are right the game has always demanded self motivation, but that is not what we are talking about we are talking about the content.

We can't motivate archery into the game. Which he said was going to be into the game long ago.
We can't motivate healing systems in game. We can't motivate a way to do special moves in combat.

These things need to be added. They were supposed to be looked at and put into place YEARS yes YEARS ago. If you want to know why the no longer has 1000s of people online at once it's because of these reasons along with a poor launch.