Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Better Defining Character Weight

I went searching through this forum for a "weight" thread and found one concerning it somewhat so I am making a thread for this subject particularly.

I made my character the equivalent of 5'9 and 200lbs. I was sure to factor that into proper kg and cm. Anyhow, this is pretty much my weight and height. Yeah I know I am short. My heritage in rl is a mostly nordic one and so most folks in my family are fairly short but quite muscularly built. My character however looks like he needs to go on a diet baaaad.

I think we should add in a weight/muscle ratio of some sort.

Thoughts?

Re:Better Defining Character Weight

Hehehe we have had a thread on this, more about the build of the females. I made one the same height and weight as myself and it had this HUGE butt and thighs (which I dont have by the way).
    Ideally I would like to see an avatar creation screen like the Entropia one, you can pretty much get your avatar exactly the way you want it. But not sure if something like that would happen with this game, but it would be cool if it did.

A Fat:Muscle slider would be good and also maybe a weight displacement slider that allows you to concentrate the characters weight in certain body locations; Arms, stomach, hips, ass, legs. Or something like that.

Yeah they have something similar to that in Entropia, you can make a character with a huge butt, skinny legs and massive shoulders if you want. It really is great to be that individual in a game.

Hmm, if there's a muscle slider then there will have to be events in-game which will effect muscle mass the same as they effect fat. And as I imagine almost every character will be doing something physical then won't everyone stay super muscley?

Your skin texture already changes based on your strength (90 str = abs of steel, where 50 not so much), they could factor in something like agility or dexterity into weight displacement. So A heavy high str low agi character is a bit on the tubby side, but where a high agi low str would not have the muscle definition (texture), but would be more thin/trim with less of a belly/ass.

yeah, what Jess said, increase your strength to increase your build. Apprently a person with 50 strength cannot pick up large logs, a person with 90 can.

Virtus wrote:
    yeah, what Jess said, increase your strength to increase your build. Apprently a person with 50 strength cannot pick up large logs, a person with 90 can.
    Wow, I love this.

Your skin texture already changes based on your strength
    Someone's skin looks different if he has higher str ? In what way ? It sounds funny, though I don't understand why would someone's skin texture change if he gets stronger

Virtus wrote:
    I think what they are saying is that when you increase weight it always goes to your belly. a couple years back when i was working out all the time, I was 6 feet tall even and 215lbs (and my "str" would be no where near 90), but if you make that in game with a 90 str you got a spare tire around your midsection, and no more shoulder mass than a 40 str toon. So it would be nice for there to be a way to redistribute your weight over your body (possibly based on stats)

no what he means is as your strength increases you visibly change from

to