Some sort of basic manual?

I've looked around for a readme or what-have-you, and I've looked on the wiki, but there's really nothing that answers the questions I have.

I realize that it's very early along in the development and whatnot, but I've been curious about a few things.

The lack of tooltips is a killer to a first launch, and again I understand it's early in development, but a very small, quickly made manual bundled with the software that's just a readme.doc or somesuch that at the very least gives you a nice screenshot of the main window with the trade and scavenge and inventory windows open, everything on the screen that is giving you important information numbered and a list down below that explains each number would be a massive improvement and more easily accomplished at a much quicker rate than getting the tooltips coded in.

Example: Those bars at the bottom of the screen above your hotbars. What do they mean?

They don't even need to be verbose descriptions. Just a quick "This is your hunger meter." or what-have-you.

Amusingly, asking this question in game got the snitty response of "You don't need a manual."

Awesome. :|

Re: Some sort of basic manual?

Arm yourself with knowledge
    http://xsyon.com/controls

Re:Some sort of basic manual?

there's a wiki out there somewhere.
    but beware, part of the fun is figuring out things (obviously not the ones you mentioned).

the wiki is a story book atm.

Arm yourself with knowledge
    xsyon.com/controls
    So should be a doc file in the folder. A lot of us DD types are used to looking there for it, but thanks! This is what I was looking for.

the wiki is a story book atm.
    Yarr, this. The Wiki currently has... erm... pretty much nothing on it that you can't already get from the big "FEATURES" button up top.

With so much not in the game yet we really don't know enough to write about it.