Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re:Some crafting tips

eikona wrote:
    I'm just embarrassed that it took me so long ...
    Your not alone. It took me like 3 different char, of 3 different professions, about 2-3 hours before I finally realized there was the "sort" option to certain harvestables. Mainly due to how long it took me in finding a junk pile, and playing around with the harvestables.

I actually found the junk piles along the roads at the top of the big hill (mountain) near Round Hill before I found the ones only a few hundred steps from the starting point, lol. I turned till I saw a big hill, then climbed it to the top. There are several junk piles up there, along roads (all junk piles I have seen border roads.)

this was very helpful

eikona wrote:
    It took me a while to figure some of this out, so I thought I would share it for anyone else who might be trying to figure out crafting.

You can sort gathered materials. If you open up your resource bar, and right click a resource, it appears on your back. Open up your equipment window, and you will see what you're holding in the bottom row. Right click the resource, and select yes. Note - you must have 4 open inventory spaces! You will get some random items. This is where you will get the basic items for crafting, like wool scraps or screws.

To craft -

When you open up the craft UI, you will see a list of the items you can make. Click one, and it will show you the tools and mats you need.

In order to craft, you must actually drag the material from your bag into the craft box. If an item needs thread, any kind of thread will do (I assume this is the case with everything, like cloth means any cloth). So if you have wool scraps, make wool thread, then drag the wool thread onto the thread icon in the recipe. If you have cotton scraps, make cotton threads, etc.

I will take screenshots if this isn't clear, and someone wants them. Hope it helps!

A super special thanks to Celestial Fury, who helped lead me from the mountains to the junk piles!!!

Hey,you don't need to drag the stuff into the craft window just right click on it

Clicking is what we have now, but not "old school" like it was a month ago... Burred... until a friendly bump came along.

LOL... "old school"... "A month ago"... that's funny stuff right there!

You have found something useful!
    You have found: An Old Thread!
    Your skill in scavenging has increase by: 1!

PS: heh, sorry. couldn't help that attempt at some sarcastic humor.

Here is some armor and weapons I crafted, took me an entire day lol.