Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re:Quality of updates

Great movie too btw. I grew up watching this one. Back before we traded good stories for terrible 3D movies.

Re:Crafting updates ??

Kunra wrote:
    Virtus wrote:
    Our focus right now is to make sure the server is 100% stable, to eliminate client crashes and fix critical bugs.

so, no
    Over the past week I have been having flashbacks from day 1 Alpha for FE while reading the reports of stability. I saw the pains FE went through to gain stability.

I also saw how long it took, starting to rethink my pre-ordering of Xsyon.

I really hope there a a few "miracle" patches to come.

Not looking forward to multiple Updates a day several times a weeks.

I'm not even ingame, but based on what I have read so far, starting to lose faith.
    I'd love to see someone beta test their game after onl;y a few years of working on it and not have server issues... you realize how much code and shit has to work perfectly? Each person is generating actions in the database with every action they do. Of course nothing is at 100% especially in closed beta.... it's why we're not getting floods of emails to get into beta even though some of us pre-ordered.

The fact they are patching multiple times a day gives me more hope then lets say AV who during my time in beta they would patch maybe 1 times a day and leave the game completely broken for days on end with no hot fix to even make the game a little smoother. Then at launch... well after launch the devs made another horrible set of mistakes... AV made mistake after mistake after mistake... while I see these guys admitting they're having issues and fix them over a series of patches they push out like they actually care.

TheMap wrote:
    Ciik wrote:
    TheMap wrote:
    Xsyon is 100% more solid then FE.
    Listen. It's too early to tell. Many of us have been on the receiving end of Fallen Earth, Mortal Online and Darkfall. No one should be swinging their pom poms until we actually do realize game-play.

I appreciate the devs continued push, and it's not to say none of it is appreciated, but its one thing to be impressed with the concept of a game, and another for that concept to be delivered.

So we all wait patiently as things come together, and as I scrounge for more bolts.
    Your point on its too early to tell is false. I have been in MANY betas. I can tell from the character movement and the way the game plays that it is SOLID. As I said, Xsyon feels like im actually moving a character around. Fallen Earth did not, it felt empty half assed and buggy.

No one is swinging any pom poms. My observation is from MY experience. I have been playing MO for 3 months on and off. The game itself when working is solid as well. That doesn't mean its not lacking things, same goes with Xsyon.
    lol, comon. You just swung your pom pom with the "the game is SOLID" capitalized comment. Stop with the unremarkable simpletoness cheerleading. We f-en get it. Your easily pleased with sparkly shit and character movement alone, and Im not.

Im glad that my character moves, in-between the immediate and often server freezes, but that isn't the litmus test for indie game success and adoption, sorry to break it to ya and your "MO" experience.

So as we're all optimistic, dont get your skirt in a bundle when I'm being cautiously apprehensive and cautiously optimistic. my point is that It's too early to tell about whether this is a solid game with so little implemented and so much that needs to be tested.

So, again, I appreciate the devs continued push and communication, as we watch and listen from inside and outside the game, as its one thing to be impressed with the concept of a game on the heels of what cursory stuff has been completed, and another for that concept to be delivered enough to engage and keep engaged a core audience.

Ciik wrote:
    so little implemented and so much that needs to be tested.
    Just to interrupt on this statement just because you do not have access too, doesn't mean it isn't implemented. That is not everything is being tested will make it into this period of time...

To me its important to keep a little secrets, for example, how totem poles work, the armours players can make when they are a [.not_allowed_to_say that.].

But you get the idea, there are a lot of features coded, and a lot of feature we have seen, but not all, and I'm sure not all will be tested by players.

Last post on the subject of features that I can remember said they where 80% finished for most of them. I can only guess its 85% for the overall features now... but again, that's my personal guess.

Crafting is relatively straight forward.
    Building is also relatively straight forward.
    The Tribal System, not so much.

prokop15 wrote:
    Diocletian wrote:
    Crafting is relatively straight forward.
    Building is also relatively straight forward.
    The Tribal System, not so much.
    God your posts are more useless than mine.
    Me too, i just want a huge post count.

Ciik wrote:
    lol, comon. You just swung your pom pom with the "the game is SOLID" capitalized comment. Stop with the unremarkable simpletoness cheerleading. We f-en get it. Your easily pleased with sparkly shit and character movement alone, and Im not.

Im glad that my character moves, in-between the immediate and often server freezes, but that isn't the litmus test for indie game success and adoption, sorry to break it to ya and your "MO" experience.

So as we're all optimistic, dont get your skirt in a bundle when I'm being cautiously apprehensive and cautiously optimistic. my point is that It's too early to tell about whether this is a solid game with so little implemented and so much that needs to be tested.

So, again, I appreciate the devs continued push and communication, as we watch and listen from inside and outside the game, as its one thing to be impressed with the concept of a game on the heels of what cursory stuff has been completed, and another for that concept to be delivered enough to engage and keep engaged a core audience.
    Says the guy touting the fucking cheerleader analogy. Tone it down son, I cant tell if you are a troll or just a stubborn person. If you are not happy with the progress go play minesweep for the next month until things get moving. The schedule is there own and any whining from you about how things need tested, pretty much doesn't do anyone any good.

The server stability has gone up considerably and I and many others havn't frozen in the past few days let alone been kicked from the server. Maybe you need to read up on the game an how it works before you cry that its not working properly. I'd be willing to bet you ran out of stamina.

From what they have in right now things are still being ironed out, yet again if you read the bug reports you would understand that the current bugs needs fixed before Jooky brings in more content.

Maybe this is your first beta test and you don't know any better. Then i forgive your ignorance. Maybe you come from Fallen Earth and my comment about it being a piece of shit pissed you off? I don't know, but your hard-on for me is noted.

Edit: The bolded statement requires a /facepalm.. I mean wtf are you talkin about, I don't even think you know.

prokop15 wrote:
    Chill out TheMap, you're dumber than him.
    Hmm says the guy coming from a clan of trolls... :silly:

TheMap wrote:
    prokop15 wrote:
    LOL

TheMap wrote:
    prokop15 wrote:
    troll