Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re:Crafting updates ??

Virtus wrote:
    Our focus right now is to make sure the server is 100% stable, to eliminate client crashes and fix critical bugs.

so, no
    Over the past week I have been having flashbacks from day 1 Alpha for FE while reading the reports of stability. I saw the pains FE went through to gain stability.

I also saw how long it took, starting to rethink my pre-ordering of Xsyon.

I really hope there a a few "miracle" patches to come.

Not looking forward to multiple Updates a day several times a weeks.

I'm not even ingame, but based on what I have read so far, starting to lose faith.

Kunra wrote:
    Virtus wrote:
    Our focus right now is to make sure the server is 100% stable, to eliminate client crashes and fix critical bugs.

so, no
    Over the past week I have been having flashbacks from day 1 Alpha for FE while reading the reports of stability. I saw the pains FE went through to gain stability.

I'm not even ingame, but based on what I have read so far, starting to lose faith.
    every single update has increased the stability of the server and from what I am being told and personally seeing it is almost there. At least it appears the core of the problems are gone to me. Now to go through with a fine toothed comb and get w/e remains.

Diocletian wrote:
    People complain about the lack of updates....

You complain that there are too many updates...

Guess, it is true, you can not make anyone happy.

Guess all there is now is to turn the features on.
    This game does "live" in little more then a month, you think it's in any shape to go Live?

FE was in better shape when it hit Closed Beta...it spent 6 months in Alpha to get there with more money and a larger Dev staff then Xsyon has.

I am only stating the obvious problems as I see them posted.

Do I want this game to fail? No, I don't.

Do I see a long and arduous path ahead of us? Yes, I do.

Virtus wrote:
    Kunra wrote:
    Virtus wrote:

so, no

every single update has increased the stability of the server and from what I am being told and personally seeing it is almost there. At least it appears the core of the problems are gone to me. Now to go through with a fine toothed comb and get w/e remains.
    Problem is, I have seen the "major" updates go live then 2-3 days of minor fixes. Thta was what ocurred every single week in FE because the new "builds" were completely new and were far from tested. Is that what I am looking forward to here?

Kunra wrote:
    Virtus wrote:

so, no

I have not been terribly happy with the perceived stability from my end either, but as it turns out, apparently I had some corrupted player files from all the swapping of gear, logging out, then back in, deleting old characters, etc.

I have been ingame now for a couple hours straight with nothing more annoying than a few pretty nasty lagspikes.

Re:Quality of updates

Well, as far as I can tell, this is still shaping up to be much better than Mortal Online's situation. Keep up the good work, guys. Crush bugs, bring stability, and let's get that content rollin' B) I still have a lot of faith, especially when Xsyon keeps us updated on everything that's going on.

Nezabyte wrote:
    Well, as far as I can tell, this is still shaping up to be much better than Mortal Online's situation. Keep up the good work, guys. Crush bugs, bring stability, and let's get that content rollin' B) I still have a lot of faith, especially when Xsyon keeps us updated on everything that's going on.
    /agree

I was/am part of MO since block A, and play darkfall as well.

Those devs simply vanish and you stay for weeks not knowing what the fuck they are doing... Its like they doing this for free...

Xsyon has ways to go but the fact that the team is always bringing updates and taking feedback from us is awesome.
    Keep up the great work guys!!

DanielVE wrote:
    Nezabyte wrote:
    /agree

I was/am part of MO since block A, and play darkfall as well.

Those devs simply vanish and you stay for weeks not knowing what the fuck they are doing... Its like they doing this for free...

Xsyon has ways to go but the fact that the team is always bringing updates and taking feedback from us is awesome.
    Keep up the great work guys!!
    I have also been keeping up on MO and unfortunately pre-ordered the game back during their alpha phase. In contrast, there seems to be much better communication here with Xsyon devs and far less beating around the bush. It also seems Xsyon's devs are far more focused and working issues and features on a smaller and more manageable level; whereas MO/Starvault are attempting everything at once, ie melee/archery/magic at the sametime as desync, crafting, monster AI.

All in all, Xsyon seems far advanced and from the outside looking in, I'm very hopeful and excited.

To compare Xsyon with FE quality is just a no no. I was in FE closed beta and it was terrible. The combat was buggy, tons of graphical errors and ingame bugs. It never felt solid even at open beta/launch. That is why they kept offering people to try for 10 days free. I think its fair to say that when a company offers the 10 day free trial they are losing subs, trying to save face.

The concept of FE was decent, but after the closed beta experience the bad taste in my mouth never left and I haven't been back since.

Xsyon is 100% more solid then FE. It actually feels like I am playing a character. Sure the server stability has been a problem and I had issues with getting kicked/server crashing at the beginning. But since then things have been patched fixed to the point where I can stay in for hours now. That is improvement. What makes it even more quality IMO is the fact that this is foremost important before tossing in a bunch of content to confuse things even more.

It seems Xsyon has payed attention to Mortal Online and learned from Star Vaults mistakes. Only until now SV figured out to run a bare bone client to figure out what is causing lag. After they spent all that time tweaking , bringing and testing new content features. We are back to a empty client with nothing but a sword/axe and a tunic.

Although the updates are seemingly slow the progress remains steady here. As long as there is progress there is hope. Now lets get some animals in game so I can make me some bone armor. :woohoo: