Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Re:Crafting updates ??

Virtus wrote:
    Our focus right now is to make sure the server is 100% stable, to eliminate client crashes and fix critical bugs.

so, no
    Over the past week I have been having flashbacks from day 1 Alpha for FE while reading the reports of stability. I saw the pains FE went through to gain stability.

I also saw how long it took, starting to rethink my pre-ordering of Xsyon.

I really hope there a a few "miracle" patches to come.

Not looking forward to multiple Updates a day several times a weeks.

I'm not even ingame, but based on what I have read so far, starting to lose faith.

Kunra wrote:
    Virtus wrote:
    Our focus right now is to make sure the server is 100% stable, to eliminate client crashes and fix critical bugs.

so, no
    Over the past week I have been having flashbacks from day 1 Alpha for FE while reading the reports of stability. I saw the pains FE went through to gain stability.

I'm not even ingame, but based on what I have read so far, starting to lose faith.
    every single update has increased the stability of the server and from what I am being told and personally seeing it is almost there. At least it appears the core of the problems are gone to me. Now to go through with a fine toothed comb and get w/e remains.

Diocletian wrote:
    People complain about the lack of updates....

You complain that there are too many updates...

Guess, it is true, you can not make anyone happy.

Guess all there is now is to turn the features on.
    This game does "live" in little more then a month, you think it's in any shape to go Live?

FE was in better shape when it hit Closed Beta...it spent 6 months in Alpha to get there with more money and a larger Dev staff then Xsyon has.

I am only stating the obvious problems as I see them posted.

Do I want this game to fail? No, I don't.

Do I see a long and arduous path ahead of us? Yes, I do.

Virtus wrote:
    Kunra wrote:
    Virtus wrote:

so, no

every single update has increased the stability of the server and from what I am being told and personally seeing it is almost there. At least it appears the core of the problems are gone to me. Now to go through with a fine toothed comb and get w/e remains.
    Problem is, I have seen the "major" updates go live then 2-3 days of minor fixes. Thta was what ocurred every single week in FE because the new "builds" were completely new and were far from tested. Is that what I am looking forward to here?

agreed it has been awhile but it has not all been on server stability. Other things have cropped up during this time. The hacker situation, which could notof been foreseen slowed things down a week and a lot of bugs have been dealt with (check the offical bugs list on what has been fixed).

On top of this a new and much improved installer has been added and the patcher constantly tweaked for better performance.

Over this time and over all things have been on the up and up. and as I said most of the work now is fine toothed combing.

they are not about crafting updates, they are about quality of updates and the server instability. In the last couple of posts there was no mention of crafting updates which the other thread was about so i moved it to keep that one clean.

Kunra wrote:
    Virtus wrote:

so, no

I have not been terribly happy with the perceived stability from my end either, but as it turns out, apparently I had some corrupted player files from all the swapping of gear, logging out, then back in, deleting old characters, etc.

I have been ingame now for a couple hours straight with nothing more annoying than a few pretty nasty lagspikes.

Re:Quality of updates

Well, as far as I can tell, this is still shaping up to be much better than Mortal Online's situation. Keep up the good work, guys. Crush bugs, bring stability, and let's get that content rollin' B) I still have a lot of faith, especially when Xsyon keeps us updated on everything that's going on.

Re:Quality of updates

Nezabyte wrote:
    Well, as far as I can tell, this is still shaping up to be much better than Mortal Online's situation. Keep up the good work, guys. Crush bugs, bring stability, and let's get that content rollin' B) I still have a lot of faith, especially when Xsyon keeps us updated on everything that's going on.
    /agree

I was/am part of MO since block A, and play darkfall as well.

Those devs simply vanish and you stay for weeks not knowing what the fuck they are doing... Its like they doing this for free...

Xsyon has ways to go but the fact that the team is always bringing updates and taking feedback from us is awesome.
    Keep up the great work guys!!