The Test Server is up with my latest build. Here are some combat related changes with this build:

1) Increased armor damage absorption (as requested).

2) Parry drops automatically after a hit.

3) Charged attack revised (as requested). This is a first draft for removing swing power and converting a ‘held attack’ into a ‘power attack’. Basically if you hold the attack mouse button down for a bit, like you would during a charged attack, the attack will be a power attack. This attack currently holds the swing for a bit then automatically releases it. The end result is a slower attack that does double damage.

I would like feedback on whether or not this is desirable, or whether players prefer the charged attack.

With a charged attack, any charge increases damage a bit until the full charge and the attack can be held. With this ‘power attack’, there is no charge, the attack takes the full time length and always does double damage.

If this power attack is wanted, I can work on adjusting the animations for power attacks so that they are simply a slower attack rather than a temporarily held attack.

I could also set up power attacks to work only with an overhead swing. That would start to differentiate the directional attacks. Any opinions on this?

4) Attack delay removed. There was a 100ms delay between pressing the attack mouse button and the start of the attack swing. I’m not sure why this was there as it is a remnant of another programmer’s code. I removed this delay. Is there a noticeable difference?

5) When you dodge out of a creature’s view frustum you will get a different message than when you dodge out of range (as requested).

Question

1) Currently there is an option for “Mouse Combat” in the KeyBind Panel. This allows for right mouse to attack, left mouse to parry and switching hands using the Alt key. Does anyone use this mode? I am thinking about removing it as it just makes combat more unnecessarily complicated.

Please provide feedback on any or all of the above. I will be taking a look at some other games as suggested in the previous combat thread and will continue with improvements once these current changes are finalized.

Thanks!