You could per-chance included 2 servers with different rule sets, but you have to agree that the game is not supposed to be pvp centric. That's from the dev's mouth. At the moment it seems like it is not the "safe zone" people that are whining, but the ganker-type people. Alot of the time these games start off over-pvp centric. This isn't really the case here.

I believe that a real Apocalypse would draw the human race together and not destroy it even more. Yes you'd get people killing, but rarely for "sport". There would be more people trying to rebuild what they have lost with the abundance of resources around than finding people to kill.

Also, combat isn't even working correctly. I'd rather get into pvp once it isn't broken. Before then... it seems kind of pointless especially because there are very few items of real worth that people have on themselves. As I said, killing for sport in a partial race extinction seems to lose immersion probably more so than safe zones do.

Finally, the current animal population and spawns are not reminiscent of the true and full implementation. We do not know what Xsyon has planned come official release with 16+ more monster types.