View Poll Results: When Should Safe Zones Be Turned Off?

Voters
142. You may not vote on this poll
  • 2 Weeks

27 19.01%
  • 4 Weeks

18 12.68%
  • 3 Months

18 12.68%
  • 6 Months

79 55.63%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Whenever other systems are in place to prevent the game from being griefed to hell and back.

I won't vote becouse I want safezones to be gone when game is ready for it. As I uderstand PvP is meant to be mainly in war system not outside of it, like it's now. Combat system has to be improved too. Hopefully it'll be sooner than later. Economy will be set around war, we're not crafting armor and weapons for hunting.

Whenever the Prelude is over. So with that not being an option and Prelude set to last "at least 6 months". 6 months is about as close to a correct option as you have listed.

After the features are implemented to allow towns to build defenses, most importantly gates.

Indefinately until pvp is competitive and fun and not consisting of 1 move repeated over and over.

I want it to be a good pvp game too but its not YET, its just a crafting sandbox for now, so who cares about safezones.

LESS QQ more CRAFTING.

If I wanted to play "FARMVILLE" I'd log onto my wifes facebook account.

Quote Originally Posted by coca View Post
    If I wanted to play "FARMVILLE" I'd log onto my* facebook account.
    Sorry, had to fix that for you. I'm sure pvp will evolve over time. I'm sure that does not help you now either. Either way, some people like to play, and not pvp, and others just like to just pvp, and still others like to do both. I believe everyone should be able to play the way they want.

BTW, never played that other thing you mentioned, but clearly you have, so is it centered around lake tahoe, post-apoc, has hunting, 3d- terrafrom, ffa-pvp, swimming, running, scanvenging, free-form construction, etc., etc. ?

I went ahead and voted now, have more information because of the update. Minimum six months is time for those of us who don't want to be in large tribes to figure out how to defend ourselves when we eventually need to do so, and there are plenty of ways to do it. If we fail to, that's our own disorganized faults.

Quote Originally Posted by ifireallymust View Post
    I went ahead and voted now, have more information because of the update. Minimum six months is time for those of us who don't want to be in large tribes to figure out how to defend ourselves when we eventually need to do so, and there are plenty of ways to do it. If we fail to, that's our own disorganized faults.
    Best thing said all morning.

Welcome to the sandbox.

/salute

Quote Originally Posted by BigCountry View Post
    Best thing said all morning.

Welcome to the sandbox.

/salute
    Thank you! I figure, as much as those of us who build and craft love doing it, in six months, most of us will be looking around for something to add to our experience anyway, if not before then. But we need time. Turning the big war tribes loose on us now would be a slaughterhouse. I don't even think it would be fun for the tribes.

One issue I'm thinking about now is new players. Small tribes and solo players like me who want to keep our independence from the big tribes should have some responsibility for helping new players down the road with the same independent outlooks find place to settle and we'll have to help them protect it, otherwise, new players down the road will either be forced into a harried victim role or forced to join a big tribe. I think it can all work, though. And I think it will be good for the game to have people who aren't all up in each others baskets and crowded behind walls all day but who can still defend each other when necessary.