Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I have not decided yet. I'd like the combat system to be in, but I may get it before that to check it out anyway.

Great replies here. I'm also deciding whether to buy/try Xsyon or not. Please other subscribers, can you post any other comments?
    Oh, btw, some questions of mine:
    1) how big is the grind in this game?
    2) how big advantage have veteran players over newbies
    3) really, how big is the world (i know what devs brag, but want to know how it is for real)?
    4) will there be server wipes or is the game world persistent?

Quote Originally Posted by Glabro View Post
    Great replies here. I'm also deciding whether to buy/try Xsyon or not. Please other subscribers, can you post any other comments?
    Oh, btw, some questions of mine:
    1) how big is the grind in this game?
    2) how big advantage have veteran players over newbies
    3) really, how big is the world (i know what devs brag, but want to know how it is for real)?
    4) will there be server wipes or is the game world persistent?
    1) Grind in this game is very little, plenty of people have mastered their chosen craft already.
    2) You die in a few hits regardless of combat skills and stats. Theres nothing competitive about the economy because tribes are basically entirely self-sufficient. It won't take you long to have your crafts skilled up. Sadly though if you join a tribe thats at all established you really won't be useful to them as its very easy for a tribe to have everything covered.
    3) The world is very large. Hard to give a point of reference really, but its more than adequate.
    4) The game world is persistent.

I wouldn't purchase the game thinking you are buying a product, because you really aren't. Its more of a donation at this point, seeing as most of the game's features are not implemented, and the game is plagued with bugs, lag, and server downtime.

If you are a patient person who enjoys crafting and world building you will likely have fun for awhile, though I personally question the game's allure after even 2 months in its current state. For what its worth I resubbed to EvE because I don't feel this game is there yet. I'll be playing a couple times a week for the remainder of my game time. If at that time the game hasn't improved I won't be resubscribing.

i would say buy the game. But be warned at times things do go wrong (sumtimes horribly) but the dev's do manage to fix it and lag for the most part is almost completly fixed. their is alot to do ingame and im pretty sure itll keep ya busy till he irons out bugs and more lag optimizations.