Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Belchonok View Post
    Will be anyway. Why do we have a weaponcrafters in game, recipes with rare mats, if anything they do will make same damage and battle outcome depends on how fast you are running around your target? And also why do we have leastherworkers , bonecrafters with diff armor sets if exact highlvl armorset won't change anything?
    This system can be balanced to give benefit for skill , not only quality of equipment. Already have an idea for that.
    Because there is supposed to be item decay, so crafters will need to resupply tribe members with weapons, tools, armor, etc. What I'm against is the notion that all you have to do is target, initiate hotkeys, and let the numbers crunch automatically. No more aiming or timing of attacks.

I hope for a combat system were player skills matters like in DF and not some Tab shit.

Combat should work like one of those collectible card games.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexTaldren View Post
    Because there is supposed to be item decay, so crafters will need to resupply tribe members with weapons, tools, armor, etc.
    It still doesn't make any sense for having more than weap of every type anyway. So higher your weaponcraft value - more kewl weapons which decay slower or what?
    To clarify - with this , ahem , balance it could be just 1 knife , 1 axe , 1 club , 1 <another type> , etc. Because in your vision player should benefit from his skill , not how much he is playing and how far in crafting he got , so they all do just the same damage , swings with the same speed , why so many models?
    What I'm against is the notion that all you have to do is target, initiate hotkeys, and let the numbers crunch automatically. No more aiming or timing of attacks.
    Ye , and that's why it's more complicated then just click and wait. I'm trying to think of system that won't benefit from jumping and running around , so it won't get that massive damage from lag , and still look like a fight.
    And don't tell me now that "lag-free server - and pvp is fixed". Still there is that mysterious parry and dodge moves (and skills) , which are useful for...nothing. No , really , nothing. I just jump away if i need to avoid damage for some time. And after that entire fight looks retarded

Quote Originally Posted by Niburu View Post
    I hope for a combat system were player skills matters like in DF and not some Tab shit.
    um , like this?
    Mash buttons , jump , strafe , shoot , heal , pwn. CS is more deep then this , at least it got some tactic involved , but that DF system is just plain faceroll.

Quote Originally Posted by Belchonok View Post
    It still doesn't make any sense for having more than weap of every type anyway. So higher your weaponcraft value - more kewl weapons which decay slower or what?
    To clarify - with this , ahem , balance it could be just 1 knife , 1 axe , 1 club , 1 <another type> , etc. Because in your vision player should benefit from his skill , not how much he is playing and how far in crafting he got , so they all do just the same damage , swings with the same speed , why so many models?

Ye , and that's why it's more complicated then just click and wait. I'm trying to think of system that won't benefit from jumping and running around , so it won't get that massive damage from lag , and still look like a fight.
    And don't tell me now that "lag-free server - and pvp is fixed". Still there is that mysterious parry and dodge moves (and skills) , which are useful for...nothing. No , really , nothing. I just jump away if i need to avoid damage for some time. And after that entire fight looks retarded

um , like this?
    Mash buttons , jump , strafe , shoot , heal , pwn. CS is more deep then this , at least it got some tactic involved , but that DF system is just plain faceroll.
    If you want a combat system like that, there are plenty of games out there to accommodate you. The combat system we currently have is broken. You're right, parry and dodge are pointless, at the moment. And, you misunderstand me. I'm not arguing in favor of our current combat system, I'm arguing against your proposed, tab-target nonsense.

I never said every weapon should do the same damage either. Sigh. Pay attention. Different types of weapons can do different amounts of damage, sure. And they can also have different swing ranges, and be heavier or lighter. What I'm saying is that I think you should have to aim and time your swings. The developers have already said they're going to revamp the combat system. They've also stated that Mount & Blade has a system they could pull ideas from.

No offense, but if your idea is to suggest a combat system based on Dungeons & Dragons, pen and paper, dice rolling, tab- and auto-attack... then I think you brought your 12-sided die to the wrong place.

then I think you brought your 12-sided die to the wrong place.
    I rolled 1d20 to see if this was funny. Crit!

Read OP only...
    God no! Stop being a sook and learn how to play with a high ping. Christ, just cos people have no decent personal skill we have to suggest turn based combat? OMG, turn based combat is most definitely not what Im looking for.

Xsyon Citizen
    if they would implement turn-based combat im gone. like most already said - it's not what i came to Xsyon for.

but right now the combat really is worthless. i hope we get to see some updates on the combat soon.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexTaldren View Post
    No offense, but if your idea is to suggest a combat system based on Dungeons & Dragons, pen and paper, dice rolling, tab- and auto-attack combat systems... then I think you brought your 12-sided die to the wrong place.
    Neither you do paying attention to idea. I'm suggesting combat system that will force combatant to remain stationary to do any damage to his opponent so this game won't end as circus of jumping and running around just for "nice timing" brutal manly men with spiked maces.

No thanks. I love fallout 1 and 2 but not as mmo. It must be real time or Xsyon will phail.