Thread: ROFL

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I'm sure glad I kept my sub going because they only updated like a few days later with all this!

Hello Xsyon citizens!

Please make sure to install using the latest installer. This install should remove your old data files and do reinstall the new compressed versions. The download servers, game server and client have all been updated.

This update includes:

Updated Installer

The installer is prepared for future updates to automatically remove files that need to be updated if necessary. This will allow you to update easilly to new installers without doing a full reinstall.

Updated Patcher

The patcher uses compressed files and the total download has been reduced to less than 50% of the original size.

The patcher allows you to connect to the main server or the test server, using a test client, when available. We will post when the test server is open for public tests. This will help us check out and balance some of the upcoming changes with combat and agriculture before patching the changes to the main server.

-Issues causing potential time outs or disconnects have been fixed.
    -The patch order for removing, adding and modifying files has been rearranged to reduce total patching time.
    -The patcher now displays download speed.
    -The patcher should now display progress better through all steps of the patching process.

Game Update

This is primarily a creature update with additional data and systems prepared for the near future.

-Creatures age, grow and breed.
    -Creatures hide when threatened and hibernate depending on the season.
    -Creature AI and pathfinding has been further improved.
    -All current animals are in game.
    -Item Tooltips are back on. Tooltips have been optimized to use client side caching.
    -Problems with creatures or players getting out of bounds causing the server to crash have been fixed.
    -Collision detection has been revised for speed.
    -Minor bugs with some armor parts and recipes have been fixed.

In Progress:

-Crafted object decay.
    -Crafted object additional properties and bonuses.
    -Crafted object repair.
    -Crafted object and building dismantling.
    -Revised tree data storage system to prepare for tree planting and farming.
    -Starting the full combat system revision. This will be made available on the test server as soon as possible.

Enjoy!

My guild would like to return one day. but this just shows that I made the correct decision of leaving xyson when we did over a month ago. the funny thing is all our belongs are still nice and secure. FAIL Hahahaha

Time what is going to kill this game.
    It is taking way to long to implement little changes... the big stuff needs to start happening and worry about roken shit afterwards.. people are going to grow more and more frustraited and bored of the lack of evolution.. something that was supposed to be a big factor in this game.

hello coca

As can be seen in the announcements section farming, decay, combat, and custom housing are being worked on. Decay will be the next thing implemented.

Evolution will not occur till closer to the end of prelude and is a factor to come, as stated in the features list.

farming isn't listed in features, custom houses isn't, combat is in it is being tweaked.

5. 05-17-2011, 07:24 PM