Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Stat Changes

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Just because it displays "durability" bonus on items doesnt mean its working. On live server it displays a lot of bonuses that are not working.

Durability has no effect on how long you can run.
    Speed doesnt effect how fast you move on test or live.

Yes food has more impact I believe on test.
    Then why on test server I can run much further without need to rest as often?
    Is it bugged on current live server?

Quote Originally Posted by znaiika View Post
    Then why on test server I can run much further without need to rest as often?
    Is it bugged on current live server?

Its in the patch notes. Movement speed was increased, both basic and max cap.

Xsyon Citizen
    Its in the patch notes. Movement speed was increased, both basic and max cap.
    Just curious, would we still have those bonuses working sometimes in the future? or we wont have bonuses working at all?

Quote Originally Posted by znaiika View Post
    Just curious, would we still have those bonuses working sometimes in the future? or we wont have bonuses working at all?
    This is what is planned, what goes on live later is up to what happens in their testing. I would expect because nothing was said to say that this change was broken or people didnt like it that it would goto live once the patch is ready in other ways.
    They increased the base movement speed, and the max movement speed cap for a reason.

Xsyon Citizen
    This is what is planned, what goes on live later is up to what happens in their testing. I would expect because nothing was said to say that this change was broken or people didnt like it that it would goto live once the patch is ready in other ways.
    They increased the base movement speed, and the max movement speed cap for a reason.
    Over all looks good.

They also fixed the weight, this is why you can run moch longer distances.

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalGooey View Post
    I think the point is to make the cap unreachable. Ok so say the cap is at 150, but giong from 140-150 would take 500 hours game play of grinding the same stat. So it's basically no cap, but those who want to reach the cap can do so if they desire spending 20 days of their life (24 hours x 20 days) to max it out. I just like leaving that option open to people who REALLY enjoy specializing.

The system we have now is 0.1 stat change is the same length of time required at 10 in a stat as over 100 in a stat. I just hope they make a "soft cap" so to speak with stats too. IMO the cap on gaining stats should be when you can no longer lose any more stat points as well.
    You bringing the WOW approach. Dont like that. Thats why I dont play that game

One of my biggest fears is, I'll do something simple, earn a point in that, and lose a skill/stat I've taken weeks if not months to raise....it should take as long to drop in a skill or stat as you took to earn it...like way longer at the high end, and less at low....but not sure how that could be balanced

EDIT: example....I'm skining an animal with my knife, when I'm attacked by another animal....so I defend myself with knife(I've not completely healed from previous fight and dont have time to open windows and drag axe to hand)....go from 5 to 6 in knife fighting, and go from 94 to 93 in axes.....and when skill loss on death is added, lose even more from axe skill, if I die.

Quote Originally Posted by Deacon View Post
    One of my biggest fears is, I'll do something simple, earn a point in that, and lose a skill/stat I've taken weeks if not months to raise....it should take as long to drop in a skill or stat as you took to earn it...like way longer at the high end, and less at low....but not sure how that could be balanced

EDIT: example....I'm skining an animal with my knife, when I'm attacked by another animal....so I defend myself with knife(I've not completely healed from previous fight and dont have time to open windows and drag axe to hand)....go from 5 to 6 in knife fighting, and go from 94 to 93 in axes.....and when skill loss on death is added, lose even more from axe skill, if I die.

Yes, this is why I think it should be based on actions and it seems like others agree.

From 99 to 100 its like 10000 attacks with an axe to get that point in axes. But from 5 to 6 in blades it only takes say 10 actions. This shouldnt cause axes to drop from 100 to 99, because you did 10 actions in blades.

This kind of change is sounding a lot like Darkfall months of grinding to catch up. Although there would be a end, unlike Darkfall. If your grinding you not having fun. No if your going to make it take months and months to advance it has to be in a fun way. Not just a grind.