Kind of glad I missed it. But I agree with Prokop and DDT.

In a SANDBOX game there should not be many "themed" or hand held events by the GMs/Moderators.

Occasional events like the coming of the Revnants/Zombies would be a cool little thing to do. Show people what they look like what to look for and a bit of a surprise when dealing with them.

An event for the pushing back of the mist would be another one.

But just so people can PvP vs GMs on Alt toons that makes no sense in the current fluff of the game... well thats just idiotic.

Player run events with support from the GM staff is an idea that has worked in other games and in the past. Hell Roma Victor we had a in game yearly event in Erring (Celt village in the north). Where we had unarmed combat tournaments, armed tournaments, archery competitions, thrown competitions, hunting competitions, hell even a fishing competition.

We had a trial for a player who had seriously wronged two different tribes in game, that lead to a great RP event.

Even the Romas south of the wall had a few great events that I attended too. There were players that tried to crash them, but they were few and far between. The devs supported these events with the rare gift, or trophy, but mostly the players created the items that would be the prize.

So lets start letting the players run the events, and thus making it a SANDBOX!

Hell the Creator has had a couple of good ones, and a few off the wall ones. But I like his style of having not only combat but non-combat.