Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: I pre-ordered

Re:I pre-ordered

When I first read that, I presumed the game was on track, and that if I preordered I would get access before the official date. I didn't know anything about beta or that it was open to preordered players.

People read the minimalist information and believe that's enough to make an informed choice. Its like knowing babies come from having sex, so you say no to oral sex cos you don't want to have a baby. Informed choices come when you research, money is something people like and even I am guilty of throwing it into something I didn't fully know.

Uhm, could the information be changed? Sure, but there are many ways you can find out more about "what exactly is this" if its a concern for you.

kiwibird wrote:
    Uhm, could the information be changed? Sure, but there are many ways you can find out more about "what exactly is this" if its a concern for you.
    Sweet, what are these 'many ways'? Excluding Xsyon.com and everything in it because I could easily make a web domain and fill it with a payment page, photoshop some screen shots, and have a message board and say what I please. One thing that helps me is if I knew more about the developer. Star Vault, makers of Mortal Online, has a website. Icarus Studios, who developed Fallen Earth, has a website. Heck, even Onetoofree, makers of Wurm Online, has a website even though that is the only game they developed. What is Notorius Games LLC's website? I haven't found one. Then surely there have been 3rd party MMO sites who have reviewed the game and maybe even interviewed some of the staff. Well a quick search returned several results of 3rd party MMO sites that do in fact have a blurb about Xsyon. However further research showed all of them just posted the only press-release that Xsyon issued last January, nothing more. So other than Xsyon.com what are the many ways customers can find out more information?

"Why Do I have to sit here defending a simple statement? Is this what the community is about?"

Dude, the first thing you dont do is walk into a room and say this place is a ripoff. No wonder everyone picks your posts apart just to dis you. You dissed them walking in. I played UO from the start too and have continued to play MMO's the whole time, my advice to you is, dont take yourself so seriously.

momodig wrote:
    And I'm still not in, I feel like I got ripped off... when will I get it?
    Read the dev post, Captain lazy face.

I cared abot getting in before, but your character is going to get wiped, so who cares.

What is Notorius Games LLC's website
    ?

www.notorious-games.com

It just links to here, of course. We're a small team working just on Xsyon. Our development team information is here so there's no need for another site.

Then surely there have been 3rd party MMO sites who have reviewed the game and maybe even interviewed some of the staff.
    Actually, no. I've declined many interviews until we are ready for more publicity.

My goal has always been a small and quiet launch for the Prelude. It's intended to evolve and grow with a small community so we're deliberately avoiding press until the game is ready to expand.

Xsyon Citizen

Xsyon wrote:
    What is Notorius Games LLC's website
    ?

www.notorious-games.com

It just links to here, of course. We're a small team working just on Xsyon. Our development team information is here so there's no need for another site.

Then surely there have been 3rd party MMO sites who have reviewed the game and maybe even interviewed some of the staff.
    Actually, no. I've declined many interviews until we are ready for more publicity.

My goal has always been a small and quiet launch for the Prelude. It's intended to evolve and grow with a small community so we're deliberately avoiding press until the game is ready to expand.
    +1

cbowsin wrote:
    One thing that helps me is if I knew more about the developer.
    Do what anyone else does when they want to know a Developer, talk to them, or find people who know of them. Virtus is a good soul (just don't tell him I said that). Want to find out, create a thread, see if you are lucky to get a reply. How'd the Developer get so many Russian coders and artist? Someone wanted to know so they asked.

What is Notorius Games LLC's website?

In my view, I ask myself, do they need one? Nope. Like you said, any joe blogs can make a website, so your own 'where is this website' is moot anyway.

If you want information about a game you are going to play, you aren't typically going to find reviews of it on other websites when its currently closed to all forms of non-select people.

You want instant gratification, that is fine, and likely want it from a unbiased person, that too is fine, but you can't expect it from something that obviously has its doors closed.

So when you ask for a non-xsyon source, you wont find much. But if you want true information, you wont find it better than here.

You have IRC to talk with others, typically live so you can try and use your "bullshit detector", you have vent (63.209.37.15:5131) to actually hear a voice, and if you are like me, sounds can be erotic!

If you need information and simply aren't getting it you have website email which is publicly being released slowly for all the monitored addresses. And of course the forums where everything you say is open to Open PvP.

So when you want information, you have tools to get that information. Because you don't wish to validate xsyon.com as a source of that information, is just simply silly.

pid73 wrote:
    momodig wrote:
    depends on when you preordered.
    you shouldn't feel that way if you did after 9th of march.
    No he should, because on the preorder payment screen it said you would have access on the 15th.

pid73 wrote:
    momodig wrote:
    depends on when you preordered.
    you shouldn't feel that way if you did after 9th of march.
    No he should, because on the preorder payment screen it said you would have access on the 15th.

terter2000 wrote:
    I understand now how the preorder is going. Letting people in according to date ordered.

I guess it was my fault, but when looking at the preorder page, it was worded so I thought if I ordered now I would be in with all the other preorders.

So I can see where the OP feels ripped off. Too bad, I have months straight available to play and test so I decided to preorder this and enjoy and help test. Looks like I will have to play eq2 until I get in. Really too bad, as I am an older player who knows how to test and what people are looking for.

Guess my services will go to waste until it is my turn. I know I wouldn't have preordered until everyone was about to be let in mid may and tie up my money if I had understood. My fault.

Was looking forward to a sandbox game that was going to bring me way back to the first days of ultima online. Everything new, no hand holding guides to ruin everything.
    No you didnt read it wrong

It was worded that way, on purpose.