Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GuideHael View Post
    If you let your sub slip you go down to 30 in skills but if you login regularly you can keep your tribe from going down. So basically you can keep all your gear, skills, and items by simply logging in once a month "without a sub". What games allow you to do that?
    I don’t see how this little trick is a good thing. If anything, as a subscriber I would be a little annoyed that because someone paid for one month, he is capable of keeping his tribe. This is exactly why these kinds of things just don’t work. Besides, MANY people have other things to do. Like for example, I’m moving and who knows how long it’ll take me to settle down and play some Xsyon. It just doesn’t work well with this type of game.

Compare Wurm Online to Minecraft and notice which model was successful.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Its not even once a month, its once every 2 months. If all you care about is your totem its once every 3 months.

Also in Xsyon you can log off with 1090 stacks of items. 90 slots for your pouches and bin on your back + 20 (20x50 = 1000) slot cart = 1090
    Which will allow you to keep ALL your stats, and 1090 STACKS of items unlimited amount of time. Not counting you could make a free account give them a cart and load them up and log off also so you can store unlimited items, unlimited amount of time.

How many games does this for you? I'm sorry to say but Xsyon does a great job at protecting people and their tribes. If you are in a large tribe and you quit the game for 2+ months and your whole tribe quits for 2+ months, I would expect everything to be gone also. I know of no other game that allows you to do that.

So all those games like WOW and stuff that have a monthly sub, are not "working"? Subscription models work just fine, and I happen to like them better than some free to play game where you have kids running around all day.
    Very few MMORPGs survived with the buy to play then pay to play model. This is why most became free to play or close down their servers. Besides, while this game may be considered an MMORPG, but’s also a Crafting MMO where all your progress could disappear very easily. It’s hard enough to get people to play a game with this model, because I seriously couldn’t convince any of my friends to do it. Now if I told them they could lose their progress overtime if they don’t play, they’d laugh at me.
    Last edited by trenixdecease; 07-02-2013 at 02:06 PM.