Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks for all the feedback and findings so far. Regarding the various requests:

Need further feedback:

Any chance we can get campfires to increase HP regen more, and food / water to increase regen more?
    Currently takes me about 3 mins to go from 1hp to max HP using 50% food, 50% thirst, and next to a campfire.
    Correct, that is the standing regeneration rate. Sitting should take about 2 minutes and sleeping should take a little over 1 minute.

What rates are you desiring or expecting? (I welcome answers from anyone on this). This is one aspect of the game where what I want and enjoy in a game is at odds with what players request. I enjoyed hp management in table top AD&D (that I played), where your full hp lasted through various encounters modified by the occasional healing spell or potion. I'd like to eventually get that feeling in Xsyon.

I realize that players come from games where hp are easily restored after each battle, or constantly replenished in the middle of battle a la Diablo. I don't like those systems. I don't find them immersive, and it's one reason why I created Xsyon.

At this point I just need to get patches out so I'm willing to adjust to what players want. I think 1 minute for a full health bar is plenty fast. What is the expectation? 30 seconds? Less?

I would also like to see increase range on the campfires.
    What range are you looking for?

I also believe campfires last to long based on the wood source. 40 to 50 hours for 1 piece of firewood is a very long time.
    To make sure this is clear, the timer is in game hours, so a fully stocked quality fire should go out in one real day.

I would also like to see quality of the firewood larger effect the duration of the campfire, it seems to have little effect.
    The range is from 15 to 55 game hours. I could adjust this slightly, but again, what are your (and other players) expectations?

Will be updated for the patch:
    In the tutorial it talks about "Legendary" items. I've never seen these in game, is there a plan to have a new tier of items in the game? How do we get this? Can you tell us more about what this means?
    Yes, new tiers of items will be added. For now I am going to remove this from the Tutorial Screens.

The Peace server vs the War server seems to be updated with different patches, I'm not sure what the deal is with that, is this something planned to not update the War server anymore? It's missing some of the newer changes that the Peace server has.
    Both servers will be updated, of course. It's possible that one data file was not patched to both servers when the Peace server was launched. There have been no updates to either server since then.

Can we lower the weight of flint slightly?
    Yes. No problem. I will reduce the weight of all rocks.

Foraged food seems to give very very very little hunger when eating this, is this because cooking/food is coming out that will replace it?
    Yes. Cooked food will be the main source of quelling hunger.

There is one bugged fire on the edge of my land (Zone 781 65.8/759.4). The fire appears as burning and shows Fuel 0 / 4 Ready to Light. It gives light but not the regen buff.
    Thanks for pointing this out. Some old fires might still have lights attached to them in the database. I will clear these out when I patch the update.

Do the permissions on fires mean anything?
    Tribe mates should be able to use fires on tribe lands and anyone can manipulate fires off tribe lands. I'll turn off the permissions text for fires since you can't set permissions right now.

It is easy to go from hungry/thirsty to over full. One drink from a water skin took me from barely thirsty to barely bloated. I know increasing the amount drinking directly from a stream reduced thirst, but this amount may need to be reduced some now.
    Yes. I will reduce the amount per drink from a water skin.

Regarding combat skill points. For now the points will be saved in the database. I will think of a way to reimburse skill points but for now it's not worth while to delay this patch and the farming and cooking systems which have been delayed for far too long already.

Regarding grinding for skill points: I am aware that players use the current system to grind xp. My real intentions are for players to use the Quest system and hunting for experience rather than grind. I will increase the experience gained from both of those systems with a future patch.

Thanks for the feedback!
    Last edited by Xsyon; 04-30-2014 at 10:15 PM.