Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by doug111973 View Post
    To be honest, having a PVE server is the only thing that sets Xsyon apart from most of the games like it.. If i were forced to play on a pvp server i would quit, im not gonna become someone play thing, cuse there idea of fun, is ruining someone elses game time.. If any merge were to happen, i would shut down the PVP server and make everyone play on the PVE server until combat revsions are made, and the community grows, then reopen the pvp server for those who want it.
    Can you tell me what games are like it? So I can break it down how the PVP server is not like those games? Which also makes it why the PVP server has failed over and over.

Let me just list a few here.

Wurm Online PVP server you can be attacked and killed on your lands. Xsyon you can not.
    Rust. Same as Wurm Online.
    Ark. Same as Wurm Online.
    Etc Etc.

There is no PVP on the PVP server, and the rules make it so there is no way to have PVP, or reason or drive.

What really needs to happen is not what you are saying. What really needs to happen is what Xsyon promised 7+ years ago. Which is a reason for PVP. Combat that works. Archery. Healing. Etc Etc.
    Shutting down a server that few play, to force everyone to play a server that few play is not going to fix the PVE server or PVP server.
    Even better would be to merge the servers and styles of play. Make a PVE/PVP server where some areas are PVP open and some areas are PVE only. But what do I know.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Can you tell me what games are like it? So I can break it down how the PVP server is not like those games? Which also makes it why the PVP server has failed over and over.

Let me just list a few here.

Wurm Online PVP server you can be attacked and killed on your lands. Xsyon you can not.
    Rust. Same as Wurm Online.
    Ark. Same as Wurm Online.
    Etc Etc.

There is no PVP on the PVP server, and the rules make it so there is no way to have PVP, or reason or drive.

What really needs to happen is not what you are saying. What really needs to happen is what Xsyon promised 7+ years ago. Which is a reason for PVP. Combat that works. Archery. Healing. Etc Etc.
    Shutting down a server that few play, to force everyone to play a server that few play is not going to fix the PVE server or PVP server.
    Even better would be to merge the servers and styles of play. Make a PVE/PVP server where some areas are PVP open and some areas are PVE only. But what do I know.
    If players could flag for PvP.. i would be down for that.. but PvP or PvE, doesnt matter.. if there is nothing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by doug111973 View Post
    If players could flag for PvP.. i would be down for that.. but PvP or PvE, doesnt matter.. if there is nothing to do.
    Exactly on both counts.

Which is why I said don't split the servers make zones that are PVP. So you can go there for PVP. Then also add reasons to PVP. Contested resources, or mines or contested totems that have resources or something to fight over. Give people a reason to fight, and give them a place to fight.
    You then have PVPer's happy because they have a reason to fight, which gives them a reason to skill up, which also gives them a reason to get better gear ETC ETC.
    Then you have PVEers are happy, because they don't get random PKed and they can go on PVEing and crafting, supplying other PVEers and PvPers.
    You also don't split up groups of friends and people. Two servers is a major bad idea for a very low population game.

Win Win Win.