Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rants and raves

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    I do know they claim to be one, yet never do. But yes I know they think they are.
    Here you imply we don't PvP.

So your name has merc in it, yet you still dont PVP. How does that make you a PVP tribe?

If you dont PVP, you are not a PVP tribe, its pretty simple to understand. Keep up the good work, work those crafting skills and play your fighting with your buddies. While the PVP tribes are fighting, you are crafting up booties.
    Here you again try to downplay our tribe and say we don't PvP.

Hey more power to you if you guys are PVPing (Training with another tribe yeah that must feel good for PVP huh?).

I guess its PVP even when its training haha (If you go by the book). Good job you proven you are a PVP tribe, keep on training while other PVP tribes are doing what they call PVP.

Still doesn't disprove my point that calling yourself something doesn't make it true. Which you nor China seem to understand.
    And again trying to downplay that what we are doing isn't good enough to be considered "real" PvP.

With multiple attacks against our tribe, yes I say that focusing on what you are saying is rather important. Not to mention your complete avoidance of other issues that were brought up.

I never disagreed that we could claim to be a PvP tribe without PvPing, the disagreement was about what was considered PvP. Now that you have admitted that we do in fact PvP to the best of your knowledge, unlike before when you spoke out of turn, please edit your posts to remove the fictitious statements.

Quote Originally Posted by krimara View Post
    Here you imply we don't PvP.

Here you again try to downplay our tribe and say we don't PvP.

And again trying to downplay that what we are doing isn't good enough to be considered "real" PvP.

With multiple attacks against our tribe, yes I say that focusing on what you are saying is rather important. Not to mention your complete avoidance of other issues that were brought up.

I never disagreed that we could claim to be a PvP tribe without PvPing, the disagreement was about what was considered PvP. Now that you have admitted that we do in fact PvP to the best of your knowledge, unlike before when you spoke out of turn, please edit your posts to remove the fictitious statements.

I dont know if you do or dont. I'm still of the opinion you don't just FYI.
    Because you claim you do duels doesnt make me think you PVP.
    Because fatboy, who has lied many times says you might PVP doesnt mean much to me either.

Liquid, says you guys come to his place and "we do however fight each-other to train or see where we are at with our skills", doesnt mean you make the standards of calling yourself a PVP tribe.

I agree that dueling is PVP, but again there is more to being a "PVP Tribe" than randomly hitting another player once in your lifetime of playing.

So yet again, I will still stand by the fact that you are NOT a PVP tribe unless you are doing the other things that make a tribe a PVP tribe.
    So this is the point where its not just "English" standards now that you understand what PVP is, but also by what is called "Commonly Understood" meaning when you say something, its commonly understood as to what that meaning holds.

Glad we can move to the next point once you understand what PVP means, and you agree that you cant be a PVP tribe without PVPing.

Quote Originally Posted by China View Post
    Sorry - could not let this one pass. So in the ever churning, turning brain of DDT, the reason to do or not do something is beside the point. In other words - just do something! Don't try and decide or reason why you may or may not do something. JUST DO SOMETHING!

Now ponder that statement for just a moment.

Forget eating because your hungry - by gawd just eat and eat and eat! Or Kill kill kill! Do it, because the reason why you do or don't do something is totally irrevelant in the world that DDT lives in. You know what is scary? I think he means it. (shudder)

I didnt say understanding the reasons behind something doesnt mean anything, I love the reasons behind something. It helps make other things clear in understanding when someone or a group of people will do something, because you know the why. However, when dealing with facts, reasons are not really a major part of that, only the facts and actions.

You could list a ton of reasons why you do or dont do things, doesnt mean any of them are true.

Saying you are eating is a fact (assuming its true), because you are hungry, or just felt like eating is another thing altogether.
    If you were to say "we never eat" and I disagree with that, you dont need to list that you dont get hungry, because if you DO eat, but you dont get hungry doesnt change the fact that you do eat. I'm not sure if this is making it clear to you or not, but once you understand that I dont need to know why you are doing something to know you are not doing it. Just that you are not doing it, thus you shouldnt claim you are.

The point of calling you a PVP tribe now after being shown that you do duels, training, and might have hit another person by mistake is really more now of a topic of opinion of what a PVP tribe is, and I doubt this can go much further, as I believe you will not agree with my opinion no matter what other data I bring.

Hey more power to you if you guys are PVPing (Training with another tribe yeah that must feel good for PVP huh?).

I guess its PVP even when its training haha (If you go by the book). Good job you proven you are a PVP tribe, keep on training while other PVP tribes are doing what they call PVP.

Still doesn't disprove my point that calling yourself something doesn't make it true. Which you nor China seem to understand.
    Try to downplay all you like now, you have said it. With the current state of the game yes I say that training and practicing for when it's worth partaking in larger more grand battles is good enough for now.

You have brought no "data" or "truth" to this other than your own opinion which, yes I do disagree with, I don't understand why you can't admit you did indeed speak out of turn and apologize for it.

Try to downplay all you like now, you have said it. With the current state of the game yes I say that training and practicing for when it's worth partaking in larger more grand battles is good enough for now.

You have brought no "data" or "truth" to this other than your own opinion which, yes I do disagree with, I don't understand why you can't admit you did indeed speak out of turn and apologize for it.
    Sorry did I miss the /sarcasm tag there? I thought you understood that's what I was meaning.

Are you again disputing the fact that if you don't PVP, you cant be a PVP tribe?

Another thing about the topic.

Lets say our tribe does a few good deeds, but my tribe does millions of evil deeds. Would it be truth to claim to be a good tribe?

That depends if you are once again saying that a player fighting another player isn't considered player vs. player.

That depends if you are once again saying that a player fighting another player isn't considered player vs. player.
    I was just stating it, because you said I brought no facts or data to show this, its just one of the many, which you can read if you read the thread.

I do bring opinions which I also stated a couple posts up. Notice how you use facts and data, then you make opinions? Its really crazy how the human mind works.

Just to clear this up then, by contrast no one has a PvP tribe. Because no one in this game can claim to have fought more people than they have crafted items.

Just saying.

I think he can't, he would simply die, lol. I've never seen a person before who was so unable to admit if he was wrong. Not to mention apology

Till now DDT has told us how the game should work, how we should all accept his view of gameplay since everything else is clearly rubbish. Now he is willing to share more of his wisdom, and he tells us what's the definition of PvP, he defines if a tribe is a PvP one or not. I suggest everyone ask for a certificate from DDT if they are wishing to be a PvP tribe, just to be on the safe side.
    /sarcasm off

Very funny thread, keep up the good work As long as DDT is unable to understand that currently no tribe can really PvP since there is no real enemy nor reason to do so, we will have a lot of fun. I think Xsyon Mercs will give a nice surprise to DDT when PvP will be fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    I think he can't, he would simply die, lol. I've never seen a person before who was so unable to admit if he was wrong. Not to mention apology

Till now DDT has told us how the game should work, how we should all accept his view of gameplay since everything else is clearly rubbish. Now he is willing to share more of his wisdom, and he tells us what's the definition of PvP, he defines if a tribe is a PvP one or not. I suggest everyone ask for a certificate from DDT if they are wishing to be a PvP tribe, just to be on the safe side.
    /sarcasm off

Very funny thread, keep up the good work As long as DDT is unable to understand that currently no tribe can really PvP since there is no real enemy nor reason to do so, we will have a lot of fun. I think Xsyon Mercs will give a nice surprise to DDT when PvP will be fixed.

I've already admitted I was wrong, they do PVP. I'm not going to admit to something I don't believe.

Just because someone does PVP, doesn't make them a PVP tribe. Wouldn't you agree?

I believe I'm being pretty nice, I'm not trying to cause a fight here, sure I've said some sarcastic things here or there, but all in all I've been keeping it pretty civil. Yet, I find it funny you guys are upset because no matter how much I prove to you over and over again, you guys fail to admit it.

Answer these couple of questions and it should make it clear.

If I hit someone with a weapon while attacking a bear. Does that make me a PVPer?

If I dont go out killing people, and I run from fights, yet I will train on my friends. Does that make me a PVPer?

I believe those are very simple questions.

To claim you are a PvP tribe and then prove that you do PvP, I do believe that was your first criteria for being rightful in that claim.

Are you changing that now that it won't keep our tribe from from having that title?

1. Depends if your intent was to hit the player and not the bear. Killing someone moving in on your kill without any agreement would be considered PvP.

2. Going out and killing random people because you want to kill something, is a form of PvP, though not that great, the challenge there isn't very high due to most everyone else out there right now are crafters not PvPers

3. Running from fights? If you have no chance of winning, run, if you would rather not be bothered, run, those are choices you have to make for yourself. I can say for myself that if someone attacks me and I don't know them, I tell them it's a bad idea, if they continue I kill them.

Fighting just to fight isn't the only (nor IMO the best form of PvP as it's getting close to griefing) I'd rather have some motivation behind using the skill I have been practicing.