Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I have to answer honestly. You almost had me sold until you mentioned skill decay. I don't want to have to tailor my activities in game around not losing stats in my focus skills. Depending on how skill decay works I may or may not give this game another try. If there is some way to select a few skills that will never decay I'm fine with it. If all skills always decay whenever you aren't using them, or whenever you gain XP in any skill, that won't work for me at all.

well from my understanding, when ya say keep making stuff with arch, then another skill will begin decaying, So you can actually still use any skill, however you have to spec into which skill ya want, However this is all that i know about it and its from here on the fourms, Not sure of how exactly itll work, but im sure it wont be that bad.

See that is pretty gamebreaking for me. If I lose skill in my main skills every time I have to briefly use my other skills, then the result is me having to play a constant game of balancing out my stats the way I want them, and forcing me to use the skills I want to remain high constantly.

What I would like is to pick a few skills, like you do when you pick your focus skills in character creation. Those skills would never decay so I wouldn't have to worry as much. If I need to level a bit of dirt I don't have to worry about my leatherworking going down as long as I took leatherworking as a focus skill. That way people will still need to trade with eachother to get quality goods from skills they don't focus on, but you can sit back and enjoy the game doing basic tasks in any skill without worrying about your favorite skills becoming less effective.

Quote Originally Posted by Andius View Post
    I have to answer honestly. You almost had me sold until you mentioned skill decay. I don't want to have to tailor my activities in game around not losing stats in my focus skills. Depending on how skill decay works I may or may not give this game another try. If there is some way to select a few skills that will never decay I'm fine with it. If all skills always decay whenever you aren't using them, or whenever you gain XP in any skill, that won't work for me at all.
    I don't think they will decay by not using them, my guess from what has been talked about in the past is if you max skill A and then try to max skill B - skill A will start to decay - at least I hope this is how it will work. (I don't know what the caps will be, so I don't know how many skills you'd be able to keep at 100)

Quote Originally Posted by Andius View Post
    See that is pretty gamebreaking for me. If I lose skill in my main skills every time I have to briefly use my other skills, then the result is me having to play a constant game of balancing out my stats the way I want them, and forcing me to use the skills I want to remain high constantly.

What I would like is to pick a few skills, like you do when you pick your focus skills in character creation. Those skills would never decay so I wouldn't have to worry as much. If I need to level a bit of dirt I don't have to worry about my leatherworking going down as long as I took leatherworking as a focus skill. That way people will still need to trade with eachother to get quality goods from skills they don't focus on, but you can sit back and enjoy the game doing basic tasks in any skill without worrying about your favorite skills becoming less effective.
    you're going on player provided information to base your decision on whether or not you will like the system when they haven't really given us enough info to know exactly how it will work - you're just going to have to wait and see how they do it.

yea keith is rite, we dont know how its gonna work exactly as i stated before. All we can do is just sit back n wait n see.

I hope it works like the stat system.

IE, you never will lose skills from not grinding them. You only lose skills from grinding other skills too much, like happens with stats.