Thread: Loading Times

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    @Drevar, I agree with you on that. If you are close to your totem, why loading again?

Xsyon Citizen

Angry

I actually laughed about this thread, worrying about loading times
    The game is still unstable, i keep having lag issues and not only zone crossing lag.
    Then we arent talking about the crashing issues, database faults and zone data not loading.
    Pfff worrying about loading times
    And do you really think a lot of poeple will play an game where the only body with admin powers gets accused of favorism,censorship and even griefing?
    Ow i am not saying its true and onlly experienced the guides as positive, but i have been hearing this for an while now.
    So i worry about other things

Quote Originally Posted by Dzarren View Post
    I actually laughed about this thread, worrying about loading times
    The game is still unstable, i keep having lag issues and not only zone crossing lag.
    Then we arent talking about the crashing issues, database faults and zone data not loading.
    Pfff worrying about loading times
    And do you really think a lot of poeple will play an game where the only body with admin powers gets accused of favorism,censorship and even griefing?
    Ow i am not saying its true and onlly experienced the guides as positive, but i have been hearing this for an while now.
    So i worry about other things
    I am only here to help and try to make things better.

Also, you shouldn't believe everything you hear.

Xsyon Citizen
    Also, you shouldn't believe everything you hear.

Never said that and it actually doesnt matter, just the accusition is enough to damage the game community.
    I just hope they take appropiate action and communicate that back too us on the forums, so that any doubt is taken away
    I appreciate youre concerns but in my opinion there are more pressing matters, still enjoying the game though.
    And please keep posting any feedback is good because the game will grow by it.

Quote Originally Posted by joexxxz View Post
    @Drevar, I agree with you on that. If you are close to your totem, why loading again?
    Yes, they should use the /unstuck mode of movement for all TP's. It's quick!

I think deathporting sounds like it might be somewhat of a distracting issue to include with this for right now... if it's okay with everyone, I'd suggest a different thread down the road to address that if needed. I think the OP's intent was to talk about improving gameplay for group pvp and reducing the frustration involved so the game can have the best chance to retain players.

So if I understood, the idea is to avoid the reload screen, so in essence, to try and delay the current death mechanic.

The revive thing sounds interesting, even a new player that doesn't have much HP could help with that in place. Maybe using a talisman of some kind in the right hand made with herbs, special wood, etc?

What about a "medicine" cart as a portable respawn point? That might have to involve the reload screen though, not sure.

I like the idea of having a chance to opt out and take the 30 seconds back to totem since not everyone will want to wait 2 mins if not engaged in pvp (or group pve for that matter), but for pvp, would this give the home team too great an advantage? Granted if they cut out early, they would have to sit through the reload screen so that might even things out.

The finishing move sounds interesting. I wouldn't mind having that option when fighting an animal as well, to have the option to incapacitate it but not kill it so I have a chance to let it live but off my back. If involving animals makes it more complicated to get done though, ignore that completely

My only concern, which can probably be alleviated pretty easily but still needs mentioning, is that it might make more powerful players all that much harder to kill, and would not affect them as much since their inherent strength would make a finishing blow no big deal to them.

gotta get movin but I'll give this some more thought.