Thanks for the feedback!

I'll try another run with a different strategy. Instead of using the current 'owner' as a priority, cash will first be assigned to the owner of the current container holding that cash. I will also leave the actual cash in game with the next test so that it's easier to calculate how much cash you think should be assigned to your character. I will also set up cash so that you can see the current official owner for each stack.

This is not a change that will be implemented on the Main Servers right away but it's been on my list for a very long time so I've started taking the initial steps to get this working properly.

There are several reasons I want to implement the system of having cash attached to players rather than as a separate inventory item.

1) This system is common to MMOs and familiar to players.

2) This is the system I originally intended to have in game. The current system was put in place as players requested that actual currency used would be up to players. This hasn't worked out well and a single currency is best for all systems and building functions to work properly.

3) It will facilitate future systems such as the planned real estate system where cash could be automatically withdrawn from a player's account.

4) It could be used to protect a player's stash of cash from theft (on the War Server). This could make cash more valuable as it would be the only item that couldn't be looted. Then again it could be used to implement a 'pick pocketing' skill (which was part of my original design) that would only access cash.

Regarding looting cash from abandoned tribes: Yes, this would no longer be possible. I don't think the current system has been beneficial for the game. What's happened is that a few players have most of the in game cash and many have next to nothing. This imbalance is one of the issues affecting trade using cash as the currency.