Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mactavendish View Post
    *SIGH*

OK... first off let me say that I get that you are frustrated with a few things, but you did realize that its a survival game and like in real life, at first things are tough, but do get better over time, and how fast they improve depends on the effort?

I have been here since release and remember my early days, and loved every minute of it. I worked hard to build up a big tribe and have many high level skills, but it took time to get here.

I cannot understand what issues you have with building, since I have tons of buildings built. I cannot agree with your view on farming as I know I can make foods that give 2 buffs and can restore full energy or health in about 30 seconds.

If you are trying to make this game your life, or perhaps make yourself famous in game, them perhaps I can see why such things frustrate you, but if you are just looking for a nice game to play in, relax and hang out with your friends and enjoy the many things you can do in this game then all I can say is maybe slow down there a bit and smell the roses.
    Totally didnt read my post at all... or you are suffering from short-term memory loss.. nothing you said has anything to do with my post.. Im saying this game is great.. but it is very shallow.. ONCE you have established yourself to the point where survival is no longer a problem.. there is NOTHING to do.. I dont wanna live my life in the game, i dont wanna be famous.. I just want to play.. but doing the same thing, over and over gets boring. Farming is great, but you can farm up everything you need in a few weeks.. make lots of food.. just to have it decay or give it away..and then do it all over again... not enough players to start any kind of tribe of any significance, so you set up your own homestead, thats just too small for anything really.. Yea you can experiment with building & farming, but once you run out of space.. then what? more of the same..

Quote Originally Posted by doug111973 View Post
    Totally didnt read my post at all... or you are suffering from short-term memory loss.. nothing you said has anything to do with my post.. Im saying this game is great.. but it is very shallow.. ONCE you have established yourself to the point where survival is no longer a problem.. there is NOTHING to do.. I dont wanna live my life in the game, i dont wanna be famous.. I just want to play.. but doing the same thing, over and over gets boring. Farming is great, but you can farm up everything you need in a few weeks.. make lots of food.. just to have it decay or give it away..and then do it all over again... not enough players to start any kind of tribe of any significance, so you set up your own homestead, thats just too small for anything really.. Yea you can experiment with building & farming, but once you run out of space.. then what? more of the same..
    Nail on the head.

Game needs to drive players to want to do something other than build and rebuild cool looking bases that serve no purpose.

The way your base is made makes no difference other than looks. You can have a 2 plot farm with a totem and 1meter x 1meter area for storage and have in effect the same as someone with a 100 foot high wall and towers and etc etc. There is no sieges there is no extra reason to build up anything. It's 100% about looks.

This is where the game is failing. The survival part of the game is missing and so is any kind of strife.