Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: To the PKers

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    You know I was reading this and well not all of it just OP and I wanted to just touch a few things quickly. (even if it has been said before)

Where my point is coming from: I played Ultima online Pre-Eagames and After Eagames took over. I was known as Galad the looter (so I was a pvp/pker, I also belong and lead the largest PK/PVP guild in UO "Fallen Lords") I've been in the middle of a 40 vs 40 , 1 vs 10 10 vs 1 even 1 vs 20 (1 begin me) .

To the Point:
    I have seen pvping in all sides, and I'll say this there is NEVER a short supply of people to kill, either it be your allies, friends random joe carrying that 5M gold deed, or even the new guy who just got his house and you killed for his house key and waitied for him to logon and kill him inside his own house and loot it in front of him (bwahah)

People will always E-peen, whine, cry and even Ragequit hell, I've seen someone toss his monitor for getting killed one too many times. In this type of game, Teamwork is critical ! You need friends, Crafters, Pvpers, Guards, Nabors whom you have good relationship with. It all works together, and if you are the poor smuck that is getting killed over nad over and over by that asshole up the hill from your tribe's location. I promise you there is always some big shot asshole who he thinks is king shit that will defend you because his roleplaying ways tell him to.

On and ending note: I don't hate you roleplayers but I sure love killing you more than anyone else. ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by furanku View Post
    On and ending note: I don't hate you roleplayers but I sure love killing you more than anyone else. ^_^
    And nothing frustrates a pk more than getting pwnd by an rpfag

THE WRAITH OF MALORN BE FELT BY YOU HERETIC DIE.

and then they come back...and get the same result.

and then they send the tells.

-- diaf joo rpfaggot i did ur mom last nite noob

HERETIC YOUR WORDS OF SIN MEAN NOTHING. WHERE ARE YOU HIDING YOURSELF SO THAT I MAY COME AND SMITE YOU DOWN AND WATCH YOUR ENTRAILS DECORATE THE LAND

-- doood ur fckd up.

YOU CAN HIDE BUT YOUR STENCH OF SIN LINGERS. YOU DIE NOW
    -- fck

and then you go and burn down their city. and they become the l337 pk guild that got pwn by that rp guild

and it's hilarious.

Kinda like we did last night, Dubs? That was kinda funny hearing "I just logged in and someone's camping the arrival point!" "I'm just gonna run around until you guys load in and we'll smash this jerk."

Good times were had and thanks for the kick start (tools & grass armor)!

Quote Originally Posted by Xanther View Post
    Kinda like we did last night, Dubs? That was kinda funny hearing "I just logged in and someone's camping the arrival point!" "I'm just gonna run around until you guys load in and we'll smash this jerk."

Good times were had and thanks for the kick start (tools & grass armor)!
    Those were my tools =(

Quote Originally Posted by Dubanka View Post
    And nothing frustrates a pk more than getting pwnd by an rpfag

THE WRAITH OF MALORN BE FELT BY YOU HERETIC DIE.

and then they come back...and get the same result.

and then they send the tells.

-- diaf joo rpfaggot i did ur mom last nite noob

HERETIC YOUR WORDS OF SIN MEAN NOTHING. WHERE ARE YOU HIDING YOURSELF SO THAT I MAY COME AND SMITE YOU DOWN AND WATCH YOUR ENTRAILS DECORATE THE LAND

-- doood ur fckd up.

YOU CAN HIDE BUT YOUR STENCH OF SIN LINGERS. YOU DIE NOW
    -- fck

and then you go and burn down their city. and they become the l337 pk guild that got pwn by that rp guild

and it's hilarious.
    I forever like you <3

Hmm, I just signed up for Xsyon because it has lots of promising features. While I am primarily into crafting/exploring I have no problem with a PVP game if it has good ideas behind it and a fun community.

Your idea of rp'ers speaking in some ridiculous middle-english like phrasing is as bad as someone who thinks all pvp-ers are mindless griefers/gankers. And using terms like 'rpfag'/'rpfaggot' and thinking it's funny or acceptable is disturbing. I don't have a problem with getting ganked in game, I'll deal with it. I *do* have a problem with people using terms that in RL are associated with hatred and violence. (Yes, I'm gay, and have first-hand experience with this.)

Is the Xyson community this immature and bigoted? Are you really living up (or is that down?) to people's worst stereotypes of what pvp'ers are like? Disappointing.

karmamule you are always welcome here man. This community will be as diverse as you can imagine. That's the beauty of the sandbox.

Quote Originally Posted by karmamule View Post
    Hmm, I just signed up for Xsyon because it has lots of promising features. While I am primarily into crafting/exploring I have no problem with a PVP game if it has good ideas behind it and a fun community.

Your idea of rp'ers speaking in some ridiculous middle-english like phrasing is as bad as someone who thinks all pvp-ers are mindless griefers/gankers. And using terms like 'rpfag'/'rpfaggot' and thinking it's funny or acceptable is disturbing. I don't have a problem with getting ganked in game, I'll deal with it. I *do* have a problem with people using terms that in RL are associated with hatred and violence. (Yes, I'm gay, and have first-hand experience with this.)

Is the Xyson community this immature and bigoted? Are you really living up (or is that down?) to people's worst stereotypes of what pvp'ers are like? Disappointing.
    Unfortunately, the term is too widespread online. Has nothing to do at all with your sexual preference *remembers a Southpark episode this played out in and grins*, but it's a rude term, and I do wish people would stop using it. They won't, however. On the other hand, if you see someone use this or a similar expression in game, you can always report it in the guide channel and likely have the satisfaction of hearing the wails of the offender, now lost in green mist.

Quote Originally Posted by ifireallymust View Post
    Unfortunately, the term is too widespread online. Has nothing to do at all with your sexual preference *remembers a Southpark episode this played out in and grins*, but it's a rude term, and I do wish people would stop using it. They won't, however. On the other hand, if you see someone use this or a similar expression in game, you can always report it in the guide channel and likely have the satisfaction of hearing the wails of the offender, now lost in green mist.
    ifireallymust, I know what you mean, and I actually am pretty hard to offend. Those two words are pretty much it because I have had friends in RL get beaten, stabbed, and robbed, and guess what was being yelled at them. Ok, maybe not the RP part, but you get the idea! ;-)

People are welcome to gank me, grief me, whatever. Insult my playing abilities, question my parentage, mock what I'm wearing, whatever. I hope to have friends and guildbuddies in game to keep things interesting if that happens, but I'm not going to just grin and bear it for that particular turn of phrase. I always speak out when I hear it because people need to understand why it's not just another insult for some people.

Looking forward to seeing you all in the game soon! I'll be the character scratching his head trying to figure out the basics....

Quote Originally Posted by karmamule View Post
    ifireallymust, I know what you mean, and I actually am pretty hard to offend. Those two words are pretty much it because I have had friends in RL get beaten, stabbed, and robbed, and guess what was being yelled at them. Ok, maybe not the RP part, but you get the idea! ;-)

People are welcome to gank me, grief me, whatever. Insult my playing abilities, question my parentage, mock what I'm wearing, whatever. I hope to have friends and guildbuddies in game to keep things interesting if that happens, but I'm not going to just grin and bear it for that particular turn of phrase. I always speak out when I hear it because people need to understand why it's not just another insult for some people.

Looking forward to seeing you all in the game soon! I'll be the character scratching his head trying to figure out the basics....

It's sad how the past isn't so long ago or even as in the past as it should be. It would be fine with me if insults on the internet could just be insults on the internet, with no hatred baggage, but then again, it's too easy to forget that all of the bigoted slurs people throw around online are still drenched in blood.

Don't worry though, it's true about the community not putting up with that kind of language. If you don't happen to report someone for it when you see it, I'm sure someone else will!

Edited to add: I bet furanku will even gank them extra for you if you let him know.