Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by niccoli00 View Post
    You've pretty much got it. IF caps were in I think it would be even less of an issue, but honestly I don't think they are in.

Of course, macroers will 1 shot you apparently, steal all of your stuff and destroy your totem.
    ROFL last i checked PO weapons are still one of the most powerful some crafted weapons are a little better but it's pretty much all 2-3 hits with the best weapons and most pkrs are close to naked since it keeps em moving faster. Also take all your stuff really? BINs are locked..they took your crafted armor ugh that sucks back to scavaging for more stuff i guess then? Sorry for the sarcasm I must admit i haven't had too much problem with pks yet though.

Just so you all don't think i'm some DB hopefully, I'm not all for macroing and if there is a gain from it i'm all for being against it just atm i don't see the gain.

LOL, so if you are sitting there it's not a macro, but if you leave it is.

A macro, by definition, repeats or performs an action without your need for activity. If you program your G key to run a series of keystrokes, that is a macro.

What you have defined is the difference between an afk macro vs. an attended macro.

66. The use of macroing or other automated key and mouse-clicking programs, services, or hardware that allows a person to perform actions in the game while not touching the keyboard or mouse is prohibited.

So a running macro is bad, one that you have to hit a key to start and then have to hit again isn't most people already do this for fishing i put the action in slot 3 and just hit it while watching netflix or talking in vent.

I think instead of macroing, people should hire someone from a third world country to level up their character while they sleep or work. That way you won't be having problems with the 3rd party applications part of the ToS, and you might be helping someone less fortunate than you financially.
    You can prevent that too, its called IP

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by ac1dtrip View Post
    Well honestly once your points in a skill are upto i think 30 it takes more points to raise like 2-3 or sometimes 4 which escalates as it gets higher. Once you are upto about 30 the fastest way is to actually craft. Also when crafting the macro that people would have to make would be very complex and have to be attended because you run out of crafting resources very fast. So yes maybe they will be able to get to 30 in each skill macroing faster but again not much of a gain and anyone actually crafting not using a macro unless it's highly advanced isn't going to get much gain again. If any of my information is not correct aka skill gains and such please let me know.

Sorry for my walls of text my grammar and paragraph editing is horrible i know.
    You're totally misunderstanding the point. People using macros can raise skills WITHOUT DUMPING POINTS into them, in ways that non-macro'ers cannot (because they're unplayably boring... e.g. hiding). Hence macro'ers can easily attain higher skill levels than straight players.

Quote Originally Posted by joexxxz View Post
    You can prevent that too, its called IP
    I assume you're talking about IP bans?

First, how are they going to determine who's "playing for pay" vs. who's "playing for real"? If they can't do that, they don't know who to ban. And I highly doubt they're going to ban whole blocks of IPs so that entire countries are unable to connect to Xsyon.

Second, one word: proxy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
    You're totally misunderstanding the point. People using macros can raise skills WITHOUT DUMPING POINTS into them, in ways that non-macro'ers cannot (because they're unplayably boring... e.g. hiding). Hence macro'ers can easily attain higher skill levels than straight players.
    I understand they can raise skills without dumping points. To do that, only thing that wouldn't require a pretty complex macro to skill up, would be fishing and hiding. Crafting would take very complex macros which yes people might be able to make but it's going to take a lot of work with how the game is made.

Also dumping points like i stated earlier is only going to get small gains of upto 30 points otherwise it's pretty much useless to dump the points in since it takes increasing amounts to equal a point once the skill is past 30.

Maybe i'm not explaining myself well enough i don't know.

EDIT:: ((Oh well i'm just repeating myself here.))

Quote Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
    I assume you're talking about IP bans?

First, how are they going to determine who's "playing for pay" vs. who's "playing for real"? If they can't do that, they don't know who to ban. And I highly doubt they're going to ban whole blocks of IPs so that entire countries are unable to connect to Xsyon.

Second, one word: proxy.
    Honestly you should just ignore Joexxxxxxxxxx as I think he's either:

A. trolling.
    B. not the brightest bulb in the box.

Honestly you should just ignore Joexxxxxxxxxx as I think he's either:

A. trolling.
    B. not the brightest bulb in the box.
    Well let me tell you something. When the player first time registers into the game, you can save the regional information about the player, if suddenly someone else is playing this account in a different country, block it.

You think it might not work?

So u saying there is no way to find out what IP sections belong to what region?

The question was if someone else is playing for u in a different country.... hello

Quote Originally Posted by joexxxz View Post
    Well let me tell you something. When the player first time registers into the game, you can save the regional information about the player, if suddenly someone else is playing this account in a different country, block it.

You think it might not work?

So u saying there is no way to find out what IP sections belong to what region?

The question was if someone else is playing for u in a different country.... hello
    So if I go on vacation to another country and decide to play Xsyon I'll get banned? Sounds reasonable!

How about we stop dreaming up prison solutions and ways to punish one another and actually dream up some good and creative game designs that would stop macroing at it's source?! You know, something every dev should do in the initial concepts of their games?

No? Ok... BAN HAMMER FOR EVERYONE! FUCK THE MONEY YOU PAYED!

I think macroers should be dealt with as follows:

Skill grinding macroers:

1st time: Warning, and loss of skill points.

2nd time: Warning, loss of all skills, and 1 week ban.

3rd time: Account deletion

Resource gathering macros:

1st time: Account deletion

If these were actually enforced, macro problem would = almost non-issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Belight View Post
    So if I go on vacation to another country and decide to paly Xsyon I'll get banned?

How about we stop dreaming up prison solutions and ways to punish one another and actually dream up some good and crative game designs that would stop macroing at it's source?!
    Two weeks, its not allot. And if you playing on your vacation in a different country, then no one should play at home. Now dont tell me that your little brother is playing at home too, using your account and you playing also from your vacation somewhere in africa. lol

And if you little brother is playing for u, its then samething as someone else is playing for u in a different country, one difference is you paying to them. Anything else???