Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tommybomb View Post
    I guess you're right. After all, you're in Hopi and have a direct line to the devs.
    +++

I guess you're right. After all, you're in Hopi and have a direct line to the devs.
    +1 Internet

3. 02-25-2011, 07:45 PM

4. 02-25-2011, 07:45 PM

5. 02-25-2011, 07:47 PM

6. 02-25-2011, 07:48 PM

7. 02-25-2011, 07:49 PM

8. 02-25-2011, 07:55 PM

9. 02-25-2011, 07:55 PM

Quote Originally Posted by fflhktsn View Post
    the developers tested no safe zones and it failed? bullshit.
    It's been tested in a dozen games. Everything from non-existant to extensive safe zones with varying forms of protection. If you really want to know something about the topic go back to the original laboratory, Ultima Online. Trammel didn't happen because players protected each other so well in Felucca. It happened because it's tiresome to be on your guard every second and people quit logging in. I'm no fan of the easily abused mechanism of safe zones but there are definite times when you need them.

What I want to know, is are all you griefing weaklings going to use this ridiculous excuse for everything that goes wrong for you in this game? Oh my I fell off the mountain, it must be because the devs love Hopi. Oh my, I was killed by a player fairly, must be because the devs love Hopi, etc. Grow up please

Quote Originally Posted by zymurgeist View Post
    It's been tested in a dozen games. Everything from non-existant to extensive safe zones with varying forms of protection. If you really want to know something about the topic go back to the original laboratory, Ultima Online. Trammel didn't happen because players protected each other so well in Felucca. It happened because it's tiresome to be on your guard every second and people quit logging in. I'm no fan of the easily abused mechanism of safe zones but there are definite times when you need them.
    Remind me what happened to the subscription numbers after Trammel? Oh ya drastic decline. THat's right....

Quote Originally Posted by Dontaze_Mebro View Post
    Remind me what happened to the subscription numbers after Trammel? Oh ya drastic decline. THat's right....
    The subscription decline because of Trammel happened because it changed the game too much in an already established game. Eve online has safe zones and non safe zones and they're doing just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontaze_Mebro View Post
    Yes, the population on the FFA-PVP server sank like a stone, yet strangely the population of the newly created safezone server rocketed, even exceeding the highest number ever reached on the FFA-PVP server !

Yup, the playerbase voted with their feet. They fled to carebear land, lmao.

Is there a lesson to be learned from that ? Who knows

+++++

Quote Originally Posted by STAR_GOD View Post
    +++++
    Ahh the good old blame Hopi defense. Pathetic

The way the game is going to be is FFA loot with tribal areas being safe zones until prelude is over(Which I agree with, we need a foundation for the game). After the prelude is the tribal conquest campaigning where tribes can lay siege with no safe zones. Red players will be able to be raided before prelude and kill inside their tribe.

At least this is the way I interpreted Jordi's ideas and I hope that is how the game is. Initially I wanted no safe zones FFA pvp right off the bat, but with all these griefer coming into the game they will ruin the balance of wolves and sheep. We need crafters to be relatively safe so they can construct the foundations of the game, although I am sure everyone will have to craft, but more than others.

Quote Originally Posted by zymurgeist View Post
    Lol that hardly is the reason. Darkfall although it had npc cities that could be war dec'd in was fun as hell. It adds more thrill to the game. Being in murder herd we were always targeted. Eventually you learn to cope with the feeling of being on alert all the time. Although Darkfall is way bigger than this game id go afk mining and the such. What I am afraid of in this game though is the multi guild zerg alliances.