Page 22 of 40 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikisis View Post
    Delay The product another couple week's, Push the fog back finish off that fogs area, Hyper thread the 2 server, DONE!!! Just Delay the Launch!!!! Id rather wait then have the Community split i want a full Lush living Good vs Evil world, Not a server full of Evil player's and another full of Good.... Just Delay Just Delay!!!!!
    Well said! Ill wait longer if it means the game wont die!!

Recommendations:

1. Stick with one server only if able.

2. If population size demands two servers--
    1) Set both servers with identical rulesets and timelines so there are no differences between servers
    2) Change server names to random names to disassociate from "pvp vs. non-pvp" innuendos

FOR THE WAR SERVER! Griefing =/= pvp people join up! This is the true vision of the game and i hope the population follows it!

Quote Originally Posted by Kroom View Post
    If they are being developed into unique paths of play how is that not dividing?!?!?

No they are not, read his message again incl the update.

the only diference will be in mechanics. like
    AllowTribeWar=On/Off
    Enable_Wardec=On/Off
    IF Enable_Wardec "on" AllowTribeWar=on (peace)

Its minor chances that allows one server to have a more free roam warfare, and the otehr server based on the original dev ruleset.

Question is, Are you fine whit how the server now is (in terms of warfare) if yes, peace is for you, if no you want more warfare as soon as possible then War is for you.

and yes that means the servers will develop differently long term in game but the code, the mechanics the what you can do will be exactly the same. its like taking two servers of any random game and compare them, they both have different styles of players its how servers develop over time. some are rp servers, some have more pvp guilds. others are considered family server. it has nothing to do whit the game itself..only whit the players.

The only difference between war and peace will be that on one PvP oriented players can find more PvP while on the other PvP will be outside the save zones like its now or by -choice- tribal PvP.

(random pick by most known...my view..)
    That lets say pandemic stands a chance to loose players if they go on the war server is their own fault.. They are among the biggest shouters for more PvP freedom, Joining them in the first place is asking to be a target in a more open PvP environment.
    If Pandemic's PvP crew is going to join the "peace" server cource their crafter ain't up to a more PvP focus server then they done something very wrong in their recruitment and whats worse everyting they said sofar in all those "shutup carebear" threads kinda will make them even look worse..
    Now I pulled pandemic as a tribe in this post but ofc there are more who done the same they just are among the most vocal forum irc/users

Quote Originally Posted by Ikisis View Post
    Delay The product another couple week's, Push the fog back finish off that fogs area, Hyper thread the 2 server, DONE!!! Just Delay the Launch!!!! Id rather wait then have the Community split i want a full Lush living Good vs Evil world, Not a server full of Evil player's and another full of Good.... Just Delay Just Delay!!!!!
    ^^This...or something close to it. There are DOZENS of ideas that have been floated out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Rique View Post
    Reasons stated for the need of two servers:

"The main reason for this is to handle our current game population and anticipated growth over the next few months."

"This limitation along with the recent addition of homesteads is crowding the starting zone with our current population. This is driving creatures too quickly into the green mist and not allowing enough active wilderness areas for creatures to breed. We have some additional changes to creature AI that will help resolve this issue, but at this point a two server solution is necessary."

Both quotes from here

First; The need for an email poll seems redundant/unnecessary as the decision looks like it was made long before the email was sent.

Second; If this IS the true reason for the split and the war/peace servers are just a way to placate the Hardcore vrs. Carebear crowd, this game needs to be reviewed before release imo.

I love the concept of this game like nothing else and I feel it is the draw that brings many of use here from other games. Splitting the community is a nail in coffin for MMO's...players WILL leave, populations change and servers need to be merged. Merging servers with this game structure is a train wreck at best, impossible at worst. Like others have stated many times prior...You NEED both sides of the spectrum for this type of game to succeed. (read CCP/Eve Online concept)

If there is technical NEED for multi-servers than this game is not ready to be released and a design review is needed imo. If it is to appease players, then it is a bad judgment call (one that is not too late to correct).

These are just my opinions...
    I dont get how people can keep equating the 2 servers with a sure failure of the game. EVE? Thats 1 of a couple hundred that worked out well in its situation. In comparison, how many multi server MMOs have been succesful? A hell of a lot more than 1. Like i pointed out in my last post with my quote from the update. Its about choices & balance.

All i see from people like you is trying to force YOUR way of playing on everyone else. The 2 servers gives everyone a way to play their way later down the road. 1 is safe, 1 has a lot of risk. Cant handle the risk? Stick to Peace server. But for now, they ar eboth exactly the same servers.

I'm new to this community but not exactly new to MMORPGs to say the least.

The point most posters here fail to see is that among so called 'true pvpers' (whoever the heck even made that term up) AND among griefers, pks and other people who love to make your life hell on earth and otherwise piss you off as much as possible, there are also people who like to craft good shit to use it to make your life miserable. Also, all these kinds of people are eager to actually get something to piss off other people more effectively and to kill faster or more people at a time, thus making their epeen look even bigger.

This essentially means that, clearly, these two worlds will be very different, but they both will happily co-exist. They will develop in different directions, Peace server developing technologies and more advanced stuff way faster, but having an almost non-changing political surface; while War being less advanced in terms of building and other crap but having more dynamic and healthy environment due to lands changing hands often.

In other words, Peace will eventually have huge cities/castles which rarely change owners, while War will only have what's needed to kill that next person/group/tribe most effectively.

My main point is that, if we take the need for having 2 servers as granted, AND possibly have a choice between having EU/NA OR War/Peace, I'd say the latter is much better. The only better choice would be having two War servers, but, given a (pussy) part of this community, this is hardly possible.

One other thing I'd like to mention is that clans which have internal arguments about whether they should go to War or to Peace, should immediately disband. It's a CLAN, a gathering of people who think alike. You either kill, destroy, conquer, eliminate, burn down, freaking dominate, OR you create, build, smile, develop and live happily forever after. There's no third choice.

That being said, see you on War.

Quote Originally Posted by Xsyon View Post
    Thank you Orious. This is exactly my goal and I don't understand the commotion.

This is not a good vs evil or PvE vs PvP split. It's an opportunity for those that have been asking for more warfare and conquest to get it. I see this already as an evolution for the crowd that wants more of a war strategy game than I originally planned and designed.
    I'm sorry mate, but in this case your intentions are not what will actually be manifested. The two servers will ultimately become Good & Evil on their own because of the players themselves. The more aggressive players are who would have ended up being "evil" if we were on one server - these people will mostly be on the War server. The more reactive/passive players are who would have ended up being "good" if we were on one server - these people will pretty much all be on the Peace server. Good & evil (in a game like this) should have a symbiotic relationship, not be separated.

So, while you may not intend to be making a good server & an evil server, that's what you're gonna get.

Quote Originally Posted by Dweetybyrd View Post
    Well said! Ill wait longer if it means the game wont die!!
    Sure, nothing like an mmo dev running out of money before launch to make a game live.. You have to remember that these things are expensive to run.

Quote Originally Posted by Xsyon View Post
    Thank you Orious. This is exactly my goal and I don't understand the commotion.

This is not a good vs evil or PvE vs PvP split. It's an opportunity for those that have been asking for more warfare and conquest to get it. I see this already as an evolution for the crowd that wants more of a war strategy game than I originally planned and designed.
    With all do respect… I signed up to play YOUR game.

I get it, regarding the technical limitations but not the pandering and the unnecessary increase in workload.