Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Maliqe View Post
    Here's a simple idea:

Look at the number of people who preordered the game.

Scale your fucking server and bandwidth to that number.

Come the fuck on. Very few features turned on and STILL this much lag. This isn't suppose to be a beta phase. This is where people who paid money get to play.

We can't even tell where our new tribe radius is because of the lag.

Either fix this or cancel the launch and give folks refunds because, as a company, you are really messing up. Unless this is an intentional attempt to thin the gamer population.

I've tried to be patient and tolerent and everything else. Tried to make excuses for an indie company with a great idea for a game. But as a customer, paying money to a company, I'm nearing the end of my ropes.

Fix the lag guys. Your current formulas regarding number of players vs bandwidth/server is VERY FUCKING OFF THE MARK.
    The issue is not over crowding, it is the way their code in the protocol level is not encapsulating packets small enough thus causing packet loss, hence the fluctuating ping. If it was over crowding the ping would be consistantly high not jumpy... Just my opinion.

you guys need to learn2read shit, they're giving us 2 extra weeks of game time for being their guinea pigs before official launch, not to mention the awesome preorder deal we got. they're still testing and stabalizing the server before the 15th, server was fine for a good 12+ hours last night while they weren't testing. though there is a serious issue right now obviously with the tribe system ever since they let us plant our totems, just give em time. launches are always rocky

Here's a simple idea:

Look at the number of people who preordered the game.

Scale your fucking server and bandwidth to that number.

Come the fuck on. Very few features turned on and STILL this much lag. This isn't suppose to be a beta phase. This is where people who paid money get to play.

We can't even tell where our new tribe radius is because of the lag.

Either fix this or cancel the launch and give folks refunds because, as a company, you are really messing up. Unless this is an intentional attempt to thin the gamer population.

I've tried to be patient and tolerent and everything else. Tried to make excuses for an indie company with a great idea for a game. But as a customer, paying money to a company, I'm nearing the end of my ropes.

Fix the lag guys. Your current formulas regarding number of players vs bandwidth/server is VERY FUCKING OFF THE MARK.
    I sure hope you're no older than 12

Personally, I am glad the devs had the foresight to realize that the restart would have a large impact on the systems (in that they disables functionality and staggered the placement process). No doubt this is the first time they have had this type of load on the system, and it is going to reveal weaknesses in the system that are anticipated but have yet to be measured.

Sure, I would like everything to be working, and there is a larger issue of whether the game is ready for a full release.

But, I'm happy they are taking steps to look at and fix the problem. And, I hope they are able to implement fixes quickly (if for no other reason so they can relax and feel like they have accomplished something good).

Quote Originally Posted by blackzilla View Post
    The issue is not over crowding, it is the way their code in the protocol level is not encapsulating packets small enough thus causing packet loss, hence the fluctuating ping. If it was over crowding the ping would be consistantly high not jumpy... Just my opinion.
    Go back and read how TCP/IP works, read a few books about how to streamline network traffic, then try your post again. Once you're done, can you give those books to the Xsyon developers?

theres a reason it was called Forumfall....

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan View Post
    Go back and read how TCP/IP works,...
    A bit off topic, but that is why many games are using UDP now, isn't it?

However, I will admit, the lag is acting "deterministic" in nature, meaning my packets weren't being dropped, just delayed. It appears like it is TCP/IP in this case.

I logged in last night, we got our tribe set up, then basically logged off. Our Tribe leader is supposed to set our totem today. I wonder if he could, reading how frustrated everyone is. Guess I will talk to him on teamspeak to see what happened. Didn't see any lag last night, but haven't logged in today at all, being I am at work.

Hopefully, they will fix whatever is wrong because I will not be playing this game if the lag remains high, but that is just me.
    I really love playing too. This game has allot of potential.

10. 03-11-2011, 12:15 PM

VERY FUCKING OFF THE MARK.
    Quote Originally Posted by bodangly View Post
    See THIS is why I never play on launches.

I mean lag?! Everywhere lag?!
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeyTheBear View Post
    you guys need to learn2read shit, they're giving us 2 extra weeks of game time for being their guinea pigs before official launch, not to mention the awesome preorder deal we got. they're still testing and stabalizing the server before the 15th, server was fine for a good 12+ hours last night while they weren't testing. though there is a serious issue right now obviously with the tribe system ever since they let us plant our totems, just give em time. launches are always rocky

These three quotes are win.