Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by banden View Post
    You and me see things differently Jadzia but I dont have a problem with you (until you started whiteknighting for a turnip), because you argue your case properly, Ihve had long discussions with you before and I never insulted you but when I am confronted with this... tirade, I get pretty pissed, because I despise people like that. He can have his say, but that doesnt stop me from shooting down his ill concieved crap.
    Jadzia is cool to me, and I can tolerate the protecting the "turnip". I have been lurking since the beginning, and I have a rough idea of what the developer wants. He wants a game not unlike Wurm Online, just not as fantasy as Wurm Online, with twitch based combat, not tab based, he wants a game with few rules or handholding, but with unlimited playability. A true sandbox. He stated a long time ago he didnt want guns, but some of the concept art has guns in them.

I like to think of the game like... a frontier building game.

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    This thread is about a poll of server options. The first thing Xsyon said 2 years ago was that he would consider starting a safer server if there was a demand for it. Znaiika is expressing his own demand and asking the devs to measure if there is a bigger demand for that. That is a legal question.

It's up to the devs to consider if the monetary situation, population and market allows or requires 2 different servers. I really doubt that they would opt for 2 servers right now, but still, everyone has the right to ask otherwise how would the devs know that there is a demand ?
    Only you can understand that Jadzia, I hope developers have that same understanding.

Except seperate servers are not on the table right now, Jordi allready stated that. So we can poll and we can discuss, but it really is pointless.

I just love that all this pointless discussing revolves around seperate servers, what about alignements? Noones even asked about that, znaiika obviously only asks about stuff he understands and seen in other games like flagging or seperate servers, that he wants impliemented in Xsyon, so thats really a non-starter. I suggested in a different thread that neutrals could be PVP disabled, but what you are on the fence about is seperate servers. Good god. If you are going to suggest a safe PVE feature why not suggest it within the planned game design instead of yapping on about a safe PVE feature which is not being considered. Oh, I forgot... because you dont like the idea of the game rewarding PVPers for the increased risk. You want it all! Bah, if you cant compromise, then I cant care about your petty little issues. You are trying to fit a square block into the round hole and you are wondering why people think you are so wrong. So Im done, Ihve added znaiika to my ignore list. Its been a real displeasure.

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by banden View Post
    Oh, I forgot... because you dont like the idea of the game rewarding PVPers for the increased risk.
    I can agree with this "" PVE server with optional PVP by flagging. (Flagging = Duels type flagging) and some limited areas (PVP zones with rare resources) something worth fighting for, that the risk could be rewarded.""
    those zones would really become hot spots for PVPers and easier to control, unlike controlling a whole world without any means.
    There is no point to control a whole world by PVPers, you won't even know where the action is, except camping scrap yards for a hope that new player stop by to pick on him.
    If you have few zones that have rare resources? that would worth holding and fighting for that zone, all zones should have different type of rare resource.
    Rare resources should be also available in the world but at much much much less chance of discovering them.
    So then it would make sense of ""risk vs reward"". and all play style would have their game play how they see fit.
    I am also a PVPer the combat is not ready yet for me to PVP.

Quote Originally Posted by znaiika View Post
    I can agree with this "" PVE server with optional PVP by flagging. (Flagging = Duels type flagging) and some limited areas (PVP zones with rare resources) something worth fighting for, that the risk could be rewarded.""
    those zones would really become hot spots for PVPers and easier to control, unlike controlling a whole world without any means.
    There is no point to control a whole world by PVPers, you won't even know where the action is, except camping scrap yards for a hope that new player stop by to pick on him.
    If you have few zones that have rare resources? that would worth holding and fighting for that zone, all zones should have different type of rare resource.
    Rare resources should be also available in the world but at much much much less chance of discovering them.
    So then it would make sense of ""risk vs reward"". and all play style would have their game play how they see fit.
    I am also a PVPer the combat is not ready yet for me to PVP.
    Are we debating PVP vs PVE servers again or a talking about a pole to ask? Because you are going back onto the topic that was locked before.

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Are we debating PVP vs PVE servers again or a talking about a pole to ask? Because you are going back onto the topic that was locked before.
    I was answering benden's concern for rewarding PVPers.
    And it is still one of the options for a poll.

My point is you can debate the questions in the poll all day long. That's the problem with polls. They are very rarely wrote well enough on the questions/answers to get the people focused down to what you need to answer.

good to see that some things don't change.

As Banden said, why two servers instead of one server with a better population and a meaningful gameplay? Two servers can be avoided easily with two zones. A pve zone, maybe the actual one, with similar rules as we have now and no full loot; here you can find materials only up to high quality, with those material you can't craft stuff to full durability. In the pvp zone you can find better resources to craft stuff at full durability. Maybe rare patterns can be scavenged in the pvp area or whatever else sounds nice. In this pvp area is possible to siege, safe zones are off, there's obviously full loot, and so on.

This is the first thing that come up to my mind on how the two playstile can cohabit in the same map and same server. No risks: you can be a master crafter but with poor resources. Riks: you can be a master crafter (or kill people to take stuff), you have plenty of resurces and you can lose everything anytime. Cooperation: a pvp gather (or loot) some good bones and bring them to the crafter in cedarrat (if he can survive the travel) to have them turned into an helmet. The pvper don't want to make the travel? Good, player X will do it for 5000 nails or some dollars. Or maybe the tribe Y, settled near the border of the two zones, started to act as a trading hub, they already have the helmet, just give them the bones and a little extra.

Now, why should we drop those possibilities for two servers with two different populations and mutilated gameplay? I think most of us are on this game not just for the pvp, or just the village building, or just the wandering mobs, or just to get sick in the green mist. I think most of us are here for the whole package, for the only sandbox who can provide tons of sand instead of just a box. And i guess that for this sand to be shaped, we need people, people with different vision and different tastes.

Quote Originally Posted by Grushenko View Post
    As Banden said, why two servers instead of one server with a better population and a meaningful gameplay? Two servers can be avoided easily with two zones. A pve zone, maybe the actual one, with similar rules as we have now and no full loot; here you can find materials only up to high quality, with those material you can't craft stuff to full durability. In the pvp zone you can find better resources to craft stuff at full durability. Maybe rare patterns can be scavenged in the pvp area or whatever else sounds nice. In this pvp area is possible to siege, safe zones are off, there's obviously full loot, and so on.

This is the first thing that come up to my mind on how the two playstile can cohabit in the same map and same server. No risks: you can be a master crafter but with poor resources. Riks: you can be a master crafter (or kill people to take stuff), you have plenty of resurces and you can lose everything anytime. Cooperation: a pvp gather (or loot) some good bones and bring them to the crafter in cedarrat (if he can survive the travel) to have them turned into an helmet. The pvper don't want to make the travel? Good, player X will do it for 5000 nails or some dollars. Or maybe the tribe Y, settled near the border of the two zones, started to act as a trading hub, they already have the helmet, just give them the bones and a little extra.

Now, why should we drop those possibilities for two servers with two different populations and mutilated gameplay? I think most of us are on this game not just for the pvp, or just the village building, or just the wandering mobs, or just to get sick in the green mist. I think most of us are here for the whole package, for the only sandbox who can provide tons of sand instead of just a box. And i guess that for this sand to be shaped, we need people, people with different vision and different tastes.

Well said. Been saying this for years.