View Poll Results: When Should Safe Zones Be Turned Off?

Voters
142. You may not vote on this poll
  • 2 Weeks

27 19.01%
  • 4 Weeks

18 12.68%
  • 3 Months

18 12.68%
  • 6 Months

79 55.63%
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    My prediction is a massive drop in player base after the first month or two, after everyone realizes that the forts they built surmise to nothing. Unless combat is completely revised by that point, with much more PvE and tribal warfare content, that is. Other crafting needs to be in and functional by then. The fact that fifty percent of the games population believes it is "craft or gtfo", for a lack of better terms, disturbs me in the sense that there are many aspects to the crafting system that are not completed.

Also, with a player base likely touching 5000 people by release, I don't know how two servers are going to come into play. I think the point here is that crafters and PvPers should be on the same server and make use of their respective abilities. I would find Jordi's quote in the announcement section to back this up, but I'm too lazy.

2. 02-28-2011, 07:26 PM

Useless poll to be honest.... Jooky has officially stated that safe zones will ONLY be removed when we have the ability to protect our zones with gates and things of that nature.

I like the making tribes aggressive or passive option that was talked about; when safe zones are turned off I think that it should only be turned off for agressive players and passive players keep it.

Lack of Safe zones will drive many away (non-pvpers)
    Lack of PvP will drive pvpers away
    So there needs to be a balance stricken

I like the fact that people will just /unstuck through your walls.

I like the fact that people will just /unstuck through your walls.
    LOLZ .

I hope they leave safezones in for at least another 6 months: I like being able to macro without any fear of risking losing items. I also like not having any consequences for my actions and no risk. I like having a hard coded crutch to support my personal desires in game without ever worrying about someone challenging me in any way.

I will exploit this fully though. If someone comes near my area, and they have stuff that i can potentially get, ill try to pk them. If i start to lose ill just run back to my safezone and have my magical security blanket save me. Maybe one of my friends will kill the guy I just tried to if i cant rest up quick enough.

I will also send my tribe mates out to homestead on things we need. That way nobody else can get them!

I will do my best to use the neighboring tribes resources. Why should I use my own? There is no risk for me to steal theirs, except the few seconds im out of my magical invisible protective barrier. I dont really care if that other tribe minds or not...mainly because they cant do shit about it! Yays to me though, i like all gain - no risk. It makes me feel safer and im accustomed to getting things easily handed to me. Yes, this makes me /cry harder when I lose, but its in my nature.

I will /cry however i feel because others have higher skill than me. Ill blame macroing, exploiting, and various other things but im totally ok with it all - i still have my own personal safe haven to do the same. You know how it is, its always better to blame someone else for your faults than to blame yourself!!!

/sarcasm off

A safe zone is nothing but an exploit at this point. The sooner they are removed, the better. Why do we build these immaculate sandcastles anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Salvadore View Post
    I hope they leave safezones in for at least another 6 months: I like being able to macro without any fear of risking losing items. I also like not having any consequences for my actions and no risk. I like having a hard coded crutch to support my personal desires in game without ever worrying about someone challenging me in any way.

I will exploit this fully though. If someone comes near my area, and they have stuff that i can potentially get, ill try to pk them. If i start to lose ill just run back to my safezone and have my magical security blanket save me. Maybe one of my friends will kill the guy I just tried to if i cant rest up quick enough.

I will also send my tribe mates out to homestead on things we need. That way nobody else can get them!

I will do my best to use the neighboring tribes resources. Why should I use my own? There is no risk for me to steal theirs, except the few seconds im out of my magical invisible protective barrier. I dont really care if that other tribe minds or not...mainly because they cant do shit about it! Yays to me though, i like all gain - no risk. It makes me feel safer and im accustomed to getting things easily handed to me. Yes, this makes me /cry harder when I lose, but its in my nature.

I will /cry however i feel because others have higher skill than me. Ill blame macroing, exploiting, and various other things but im totally ok with it all - i still have my own personal safe haven to do the same. You know how it is, its always better to blame someone else for your faults than to blame yourself!!!

/sarcasm off

A safe zone is nothing but an exploit at this point. The sooner they are removed, the better. Why do we build these immaculate sandcastles anyway?
    Let's turn them off, but change the combat system to a click meter match. whoever can click the fastest wins. That should balance out combat a little until the real system is in place.

Quote Originally Posted by darkbladed View Post
    I like the making tribes aggressive or passive option that was talked about; when safe zones are turned off I think that it should only be turned off for agressive players and passive players keep it.
    This is what the devs' plan after Prelude

None of the above.

The situation could be more complex than this vote calls for. I will have to think about this.

Have not voted as once my homestead goes unsafe I will be leaving the game.So I am going to enjoy it as long as I can.I will have had my money's worth so no worries.